Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Sabotage - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto
Default Sabotage

I've always wanted the ability to incorporate more advanced tactics into a game, of course the level of "inventing" isn't in this game.

But a strategy that I think would be a great addition to this game is using the overland to plan an attack on someone a day or more in advance for example, giving an advantage or disadvantage.

On to the strategy itself. Sending out saboteurs to place small explosives near the enemy wall 1 day in advance. If successful the enemy (not knowing about it) would have their walls crumble at 10% life in battle rather than 0%, so they would be unaware til the last second. If caught they could be tortured over the next few hours to give away which enemy sent them. Or they could be bribed and released back to the enemy (without revealing who the enemy is) returning a positive result. This could be an auto setting (which to chose) if the player is offline. Or if the player is online a pop up would come giving them the opportunity to chose which. They would have 2 hrs to decide (the setting auto decides after this point), 2 hrs to torture total. Meaning the player sending would have to wait 4 hours regardless for results.

In short this means if successful the targets walls crumble 10% early in their next battle vs this player. If it fails the defender has the choice to send back the spies so the player expects their walls to fall early and they don't, or to find out who is planning the attack, but the attacker would know their attempt failed. In both cases the defender gets +5% strength to their walls next battle vs this player as they have had time to prepare.

Second option: 1 week saboteurs.
Same concept except this time the saboteurs attempt to erode the land under the wall using water and possibly fungus to weaken the wall over time. This will take 14 hours to set up (12 hours to chose what to do with the saboteurs +2 to torture if chosen), regardless they return to the attacker at 14. The result being a 10% chance for their wall to crumble in a battle every time it loses 10% of its hit points. So when it hits 90/100hp (for example) it has 10% chance to suddenly crumble, at 80/100 it again has a 10% chance to crumble. The defender wouldn't know if it was successful. If unsuccessful the defender has the same options but a 1-10% defense bonus rather than 5% vs the attacker. This de-buff would activate with them fighting against the first player who attacks them activating 7 days after the initial hit, meaning it could be vs a different player. The defense bonus will only work vs the player who sent them though (to prevent abuse) in the next battle the defense bonus will increase 1% per day after the spies are sent maxing out at 10% after 10 days, after which the de-buff also runs out if the player hasn't seen combat.

Obviously the expenses for both would not be small, and the odds would be based possibly on how good your saboteurs are (what you pay them or if they're heroes how well trained they are in comparison to your targets heroes.)

Just to clarify: If you torture the spies they don't return to the enemy (so the enemy knows they failed) , if you bribe them they return with a positive result.

Last edited by Aametherar : 01-08-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:33 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Please no nono, do you realize how anoying this can be ?=P I rather watch nature around me than trying to notice those bombs/saboteurs, i am not the fast pace micromanager to have up to date knowledge with everything on map. Beside it is complicated =).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

massenic has fair reputation

I don't think you understand him well Kire. (it could always be me who misunderstood off course )

What he's proposing has nothing to do with keeping an eye on your map. To give an example of his idea:

I send a saboteur today to the city of an enemy. When I log on the next day, I see that my saboteur has returned successfully (although he might have been bribed to say he was successful while he failed). When I want to attack that enemy now, I will have an advantage because his walls were already weakened before the battle has started.

I like the idea that he can be bribed to tell he succeeded while he actually did nothing.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:24 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I think it requires too much more time. It's a nice idea, perhaps something either to be included in a booster pack or in a DoF fan mod (Dawn of Fantasy Unleased, Dawn of Fantasy Extended - some generic title which includes a ton of fan-made content, which could also have moats as well as saboteurs).
Although I don't think DofE has explosives Perhaps a Fire spell add-on? Or an Earthen / one for Elves (vines creeping up walls). The 10% idea would fit well with this - the spell could be devastating, or it could have no effect, plus the caster is incapacitated for the duration of the spell - does the attack carry on, hoping that the walls will crumble sooner, or use the spell caster for a better purpose?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Honestly, I think that just having an ambush on a caravan with cloaked elves is enough sabotage for me. As said before, any more than that and things would become a bit too complicated. It is certainly a cool idea, however.

Thanks

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 01-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Your in the wrong realm Aametherar, J.R.Tokien's realm is elsewhere; and unfortunately Mythador does not have Isengard to make them spikey explosive bombs.
You try blowing up a pure Marble elven wall with explosive. I'll come back and see how your doing a 1000 years from now.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 01-09-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by massenic View Post
I send a saboteur today to the city of an enemy. When I log on the next day, I see that my saboteur has returned successfully (although he might have been bribed to say he was successful while he failed). When I want to attack that enemy now, I will have an advantage because his walls were already weakened before the battle has started.
I was saying rather from the point of victim ..... looking every min at walls to find saboteurs/bombs =).
Or is more like total war assassin thing?

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

massenic has fair reputation

@Kire: Looking from the victim's point, he suggested that you would get a message that asks you what to do with the sabateur if he has been discovered (he is discovered automatically, you don't have to look for him). If he has succeeded you wouldn't know your walls are sabotaged until the fight.

@Others: I think it's a nice idea that could be implemented (not necessarily with explosives), but I understand it's not important and will most likely not be done or maybe be done in an expansion/by a modder.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:51 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
Your in the wrong realm Aametherar, J.R.Tokien's realm is elsewhere; and unfortunately Mythador does not have Isengard to make them spikey explosive bombs.
You try blowing up a pure Marble elven wall with explosive. I'll come back and see how your doing a 1000 years from now.
What about a nuclear bomb?

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 01-09-2010, 09:26 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Witch King of Angmar View Post
What about a nuclear bomb?
Well with the time machine necessary for them to have a nuclear bomb - why not get something capable of blowing up an entire city without the devastating long term fallout.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.