Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Fantasy Friday VII - Beasts of Gokkholm - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square > Media Fair
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2010, 05:33 AM
Elite Member

SvN is someone to look uptoSvN is someone to look upto

doesn't the rain stop the fires from spreading?

Great info, orcs will definitely be the faction I will use.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:07 AM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

looks great, but still doubting between elves or men.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvN View Post
doesn't the rain stop the fires from spreading?

Great info, orcs will definitely be the faction I will use.
It helps against fires, but it doesn't just immediately put them out, no.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:02 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Quote:
When you were fighting the elves, was the enemy controlled by AI or another dev?
AI. For the purpose of this showcase, I just set up the two big battle scenes in the editor (which is why my MMORTS ogres lost their upgrades) by going into some of our regional environments and just placing down battalions and then I just let them go at it when I playtested. I didn't manipulate the balance or the events like the dynamic fire, so you can still expect this sort of battle although the average skirmish battle is larger, and more spread out than these. The main reason I set them up in the editor was because I just wanted an open battle and to use only the orc units shown in this showcase - in-game most big battles will be concentrated at a stronghold and you'll have to micromanage just about all your military units types together to be successful in battle.

Last edited by Alex Walz : 01-02-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

Any chance of posting the fattening rates for the critters of men?
Old 01-02-2010, 05:09 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Jack has a default reputation

i see many pictures and they are cool
but i was looking to some citys, and if you build
do you place the buildings yourself
or do you have to say that you want these buildings and than the computer choose the spots?
thanks
Old 01-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

For Orcs you have free reign to build where you please. For Men, you have chosen slots which you can build specific buildings on (I'm guessing a couple of choices for each, depending on size of plot and location within city). For Elves it's similar to Men, but the plots are in/on/are trees. Crazy, huh?
Old 01-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Puppeteer's spot on.

Here are the building plots for humans:

And the elven building plots are those giant trees.

Quote:
Any chance of posting the fattening rates for the critters of men?
I'll see if I can get a scripter to dig up that information.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:41 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Loving the new Pictures!! i expecialy loved the blown up ogre bodies ( if that is correct ) all spread on the floor. Would have prefered to see from a further distanceto see the pure carnage of the fight but i suspose you were showing us the units pew pewing ingame. Shame about how one volly of fire arrows decimated the army tho, but then again i do want to play human so i should be more 'AMG human archers pew pew man!'. Btw can you tell us what excat numbers and units were in the gobling/ogre army and the elven army, just want to check if it was even and what best to use against the other types . Also with the orcs can you order a tent to go to a certian pop cap. not all the way for excat 90& of your cap so then you can fill in the other 10% with other not-constant-spawn troops, otherwise i think somepeople might be a little bit agitated when they go off to war want so many goblins and stuff when they get back after big casulties ready and enough of a cap still to get specilists in and not just hudge hordes of goblins to scafrice?
Old 01-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

You can tell the tents to stop spawning the goblins and the warg dens to stop making wargs. So you can stop them from taking up more population, then start to fill out your armies with better troops.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)