Chating - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2009, 04:52 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation
Default Chating

Righto, bascily i was scaling though the fourms and the new twitter thing when i suddendly realised no one has realy said much on the chat systems, or not that i have seen. There have been some chat about friend lists and guild things, but as far as im aware the chat features have not yet been discussed please point me out as a complete fool if they have been. As i have played many a mmo and many other types of game chat is one of the main features of a game, as the players make the community and the life of the game, it got me wondering how are you going to use the chat system, are you going to stay conventional and have things like:
1. Global General
2. Global Trade
3. Guild
4. Friends

Or maybe you will have locilised trade/general channels with optional global ones? and will the cites as in other games be connected in chat or will they have stand alone chatting channels?

This maybe blabber but this also brings me onto the other point i want t bring up about the chatting systems, in many games people are baraged with spam from players just wanting to be annoying or the chinese power levelers/gold sellers. How would you enforce your spam filters as in no more than 5 posts in one min for global channels for say, or will it be different? Another thing being will the moderators be active in this role of will they tend to leave it to the current applied systems. For exampe the only game i will prase for this would be Age of Conan which moderators imediatly banned people for such offences but other like WoW just leaves it, thus leaving many people who dont use the servises spammed fustrated.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

These sort of options are exceedingly common these days. I strongly suspect we'll see an integrated system for online gaming that will encompass all your socializing needs.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:56 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Man I hope we won't have all these spammers spamming the trade chat box with their items.
I actually think these things should be done in private.. I mean think realism. They didn't have a global chat in the fantasy world! But then again, I bet everyone will beg for it.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:11 PM
Elite Member

Supreme has good reputation

They have shops you can enter instead. Also fantasy people spend 24 hours in their lands.

Ps: Trade chats are neccesary.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:13 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Jack has a default reputation

in the fantasy world every think can
like communication with your head
telepatation or something like that
that is the solution for global chat
Old 12-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

I believe there is a chat system in place. Possibly with thoose around you or closest. (aly's etc)/ In some of the screenshots in archive you can see some chat activity on the left hand side. look at the orc/elven starting up screens if i remember right
Old 12-29-2009, 11:07 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

They said that there would be a separate channel for your guild to chat in I believe. The general channels look to be either based on region or global.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 12-29-2009, 02:04 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

welshie has fair reputation

Ahh oki so then all chat will be locilised but still recon it will change with your heros position. Yeh i have read about the friend chats and guild things, also just speculating here but when you get mail from another player do you recon it will be squire or just a normal boring mail box?

But still wanna know about how they deal with the spammers, because i love messing with spammers but while doing so i spam sooo wanna know when i need to stop