Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

pop system - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-28-2009, 08:05 PM
Josh Warner's Avatar
Josh Warner Josh Warner is offline
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 809
Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
My guess is that ogres don't take up these population points, but probably cost a huge amount of food.
If a real 'cap' is part of the system, it has to cost population. I don't recall them saying one way or the other, though. A hard cap that is, where no matter what you can't get more.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 PM
Darvin's Avatar
Darvin Darvin is offline
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 666
Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice
Default

I do believe they have talked about a hard "population" cap, but that would be separate from orc peasant populations... which means we probably need some proper terminology to distinguish these two concepts.

Once the beta starts I'm sure we'll quickly establish a lexicon specific to this game, but until then these terms will be somewhat ambiguous.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
www.RTSCommunity.com
----------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-29-2009, 12:55 AM
wills370 wills370 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 639
wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto
Default

they could get round the ogres being drwan not from the free peasant etc as putting them in as mercinary units available only to the orcs. Therefore they would remain exclusive but also realistic. Im guessing they would proably take some gold,food and some pop to govern. But that is just my take

And wow sounds great does that mean you have to wait to gain more and more men, or do the peasant orcs appear once you build a house?

love the variety this game is going to have in the ecomony in by the way.

And what do a kid orc and a flower have in common?

There both called orchids :P


Sorry bad joke but i just thought of it.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-29-2009, 10:20 AM
wills370 wills370 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 639
wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto
Default

Another thought would be how much is the starting pop without houses. or do you auto get some houses when you start?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-29-2009, 10:40 AM
Andy Joslin's Avatar
Andy Joslin Andy Joslin is offline
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 495
Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice
Default

The orcs have a couple of huts at the start, which give population cap. All orc units (ogres, beasts, goblins, orcs) fall under this population cap. Build more huts for more population.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-29-2009, 10:53 AM
wills370 wills370 is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: England, UK
Posts: 639
wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Joslin View Post
The orcs have a couple of huts at the start, which give population cap. All orc units (ogres, beasts, goblins, orcs) fall under this population cap. Build more huts for more population.
Cool, what happens if all houses are destroyed? does your pop cap go to 0?

And what about the other races?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-16-2009, 02:32 PM
DDERME DDERME is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: sydney
Posts: 6
DDERME has a default reputation
Unhappy

how about making a game mode witch theres no pop limitit at all,
and can call it "no pop skirmish" and just do what ever u
do to get pop and it just goes on and on forever (the limit not the game)
cus i hate pop limits
and there needs to be a mode with no pop limit cus nobody likes small
armies
so people who have good rigs,by rigs i mean pc's use the no pop mode to play
and the people with bad pc's use the normal skirmish mode
so there will be no lag online cus the two skirmish modes cus there will be an order of playing
or there can be a auto match making thing that matches the players and gives
infinte pop if they both have good pc's but the first idea is better
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-16-2009, 02:46 PM
Henry Martin's Avatar
Henry Martin Henry Martin is offline
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,369
Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDERME View Post
how about making a game mode witch theres no pop limitit at all,
and can call it "no pop skirmish" and just do what ever u
do to get pop and it just goes on and on forever (the limit not the game)
cus i hate pop limits
and there needs to be a mode with no pop limit cus nobody likes small
armies
so people who have good rigs,by rigs i mean pc's use the no pop mode to play
and the people with bad pc's use the normal skirmish mode
so there will be no lag online cus the two skirmish modes cus there will be an order of playing
or there can be a auto match making thing that matches the players and gives
infinte pop if they both have good pc's but the first idea is better
I know what you mean I not a fan of pop limits my self, but not only does the person computer come into to play, but also the engine as it to can only handle so much. The more stuff in the game the more the engine has to calculate which causes the engine to slow down. Look at the total war series, even though they have a power full engine that supports a lot of units on screen it still has a limit to how many can be in a screen.

There are other reason developers do these thing don't just think they are doing it to **** you off or because some poor gamer can't afford a decent PC.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-17-2009, 03:31 PM
JDmino JDmino is offline
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: At that place near that thing.
Posts: 115
JDmino has a default reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
I know what you mean I not a fan of pop limits my self, but not only does the person computer come into to play, but also the engine as it to can only handle so much. The more stuff in the game the more the engine has to calculate which causes the engine to slow down. Look at the total war series, even though they have a power full engine that supports a lot of units on screen it still has a limit to how many can be in a screen.

There are other reason developers do these thing don't just think they are doing it to **** you off or because some poor gamer can't afford a decent PC.
Not to mention how annoying it would be when your computer lags because you have 500 units and your enemy has 6000. Pop limits add strategy to the game. You need to spread out your military and economy in a way that is efficient and allows room for your empire to expand. So pop limits are pretty important in this sort of game.
__________________
[url=http://dof.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/index.cgi]Dawn of Fantasy Heaven[/url]
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-17-2009, 03:43 PM
Jean=A=Luc's Avatar
Jean=A=Luc Jean=A=Luc is offline
Reverie Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 636
Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about
Default

What's this about a poop system?
__________________
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:33 PM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Kingdom Wars and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.