Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Windows 7 Compatible? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2009, 07:15 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto
Default Windows 7 Compatible?

i know it probably will be, but i just wanna make sure, and also will the game run better on XP or 7? as i haven't used 7 yet and was considering of upgrading from a vista. if not then ill just downgrade to an XP. i want my computer to run the game as smooth as possible
Old 12-08-2009, 11:45 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Don't worry about this. I'm certain that it will support all three of XP, Vista, and 7. As for which one will perform better, that's a tough one to call. It's well known that Vista is a bit of a hog on your RAM, but otherwise most benchmarks I've seen have put all three pretty close.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Elite Member

raving is someone to look uptoraving is someone to look upto

well windows 7 should take less of ur ram, but if its bugfree thats another question lolz ^^.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Yeah I've asked about this. It works with Windows 7.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Unen has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
i know it probably will be, but i just wanna make sure, and also will the game run better on XP or 7? as i haven't used 7 yet and was considering of upgrading from a vista. if not then ill just downgrade to an XP. i want my computer to run the game as smooth as possible
Id honestly just upgrade to windows 7. I'm currently running it and I'm in love with it, Ive only had issues installing one or two games (sacred 2 is the only one I can think of) but I've also ran into a lot less minor bugs/errors than when I used XP. If you're still Iffy then you can wait till beta starts and the remove any NDAs (assuming that there is one) that they have and ill post about how its running on 7 (I got into first stage of beta).
Old 12-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
Don't worry about this. I'm certain that it will support all three of XP, Vista, and 7. As for which one will perform better, that's a tough one to call. It's well known that Vista is a bit of a hog on your RAM, but otherwise most benchmarks I've seen have put all three pretty close.
The reason it seems that windows vista is using a lot of RAM is that is keeps running programs through it. By doing this when you load up an app it loads up right away instead of like XP which empties the RAM so when when you open something there is a delay(sometimes it takes long) to find the app and load it up. windows vista RAM usage is more efficient than XP.

You can look it up if you want to. I here "SO" many people talking about this and I just wanted people to know what is actually going on.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Reverie World Studios - Map Designer

Dylan Bales has a default reputation

I personally think the game works better on Windows 7 than on Windows XP or windows Vista, but I think Joseph or someone else higher than me would be better to ask about this.
Old 12-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

What you want to look at are benchmarks. The ones I've seen have put all three Windows in the same range. Aside from OpenGL support (one of the only places that XP definitively outperforms both Vista and 7) they're virtually indistinguishable. Most of the ones I read put 7 ahead of its predecessors overall (that's to be expected) but not by any considerable margin.

Bottom line is that your hardware is going to mean a hundred times more than your operating system towards what performance you will get out of the game.

Last edited by Darvin : 12-22-2009 at 05:51 PM.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:12 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
What you want to look at are benchmarks. The ones I've seen have put all three Windows in the same range. Aside from OpenGL support (one of the only places that XP definitively outperforms both Vista and 7) they're virtually indistinguishable. Most of the ones I read put 7 ahead of its predecessors overall (that's to be expected) but not by any considerable margin.

Bottom line is that your hardware is going to mean a hundred times more than your operating system towards what performance you will get out of the game.
Yes I know that. I am upgrading my laptop to windows 7. I was just pointing out something that a lot of people don't know about and bash (not that you were). I found XP worse the vista. I also know that benchmarks don't me anything if you can't run the program either.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

wow guys thanks for all the information.
i think im gonna upgrade to windows 7