Your City and How Big it Can Get? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
You can have more than one army on the map/in your city etc. I think with the army cap and population cap you can have more troops than you can have in one army. I haven't tested this though, that's a huge amount.
Wow that would be amazing if that is the cas.e You can have one home army and one out army etc. Would make sence in gameplay to help balance it. Would you be able to make thoose armyies converge on one place. or do they have to be kept seperate?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough

Home armies? Sounds awesome! Also fixes my idea I think...

Anyways, I bet the armies could both be at the home city just not for long...that's probably what makes assaulting a city so difficult.
Old 11-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
Wow that would be amazing if that is the cas.e You can have one home army and one out army etc. Would make sence in gameplay to help balance it. Would you be able to make thoose armyies converge on one place. or do they have to be kept seperate?
Armies can merge freely.

As far as multiple armies in a city, it's not really finalized since it's a balance issue not a mechanics issue. We'll see how that ends up working come beta. Again though - armies are going to have a max number of battalions in them. A 'full' army won't be enough to reach the pop cap. So you could easily have one army off doing something in one corner of the world maybe they're exploring the caves in the dwarf region, another army with your hero doing a quest attacking an Orc NPC city and a third army defending your city. Etc.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:46 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

This brings me to another question when we construct things do we choose where they go and do we build peasant housing or does that sort of spring up as your city grows(meaning you cannot choose the location)?

How about this one anyone know. Just has to do with the layout of the city can you place everything were you want or do the peasants place there own houses? From a showcase along time ago I remember a refuge quest, in that case would the refugees build there own housing in your city? Do you build it for them? Do they need any?
Old 11-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Exclamation

I can actually answer that Kaz- I think the humans and orcs, or elves and orcs...or anyways, 2 of the races build their building on building plots. I think this only refers to temporary/permanent camps. Other than that I'd imagine our online city has free build.
Old 11-26-2009, 05:19 PM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

Men build in specific building plots, Orcs can build anywhere. And I believe that Elves build on trees, or something weird like this.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:34 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Men build in specific building plots, Orcs can build anywhere. And I believe that Elves build on trees
That`s how it works for all the important buildings. But Elven and Human housing is different - player doesn`t need to place all of 100+ houses manually. Just click the build house button as many times as you like and they`ll auto-place.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:47 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

I assume the AI will just place them smartly then? After all, wouldn't want some peasant to build a house right in front of your gate...
Old 11-27-2009, 05:18 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Warner View Post
Armies can merge freely.

As far as multiple armies in a city, it's not really finalized since it's a balance issue not a mechanics issue. We'll see how that ends up working come beta. Again though - armies are going to have a max number of battalions in them. A 'full' army won't be enough to reach the pop cap. So you could easily have one army off doing something in one corner of the world maybe they're exploring the caves in the dwarf region, another army with your hero doing a quest attacking an Orc NPC city and a third army defending your city. Etc.
Will you only have one hero, and your armies that move across the map don't have to have a hero leading them, right? If you only have one hero, will you have the same as everyone elses hero who are the race as you, or is there a choice?

As for the quest to attack player cities, it reminds me of bounty quests and the like. Where someone would send out a reward for killing a person, there could be an allotted amount of days that they would have to complete the task, and then they would receive a reward, like resources and/or possibly some units.

But one point for quests just being sent out for people to attack you (what was discussed on the first page) would be to have an option to participate in quests like "I accept being able to be attacked by fellow players for a quest." that they can turn off at will, but not during a battle for the quest. Another thing I would like to add is that an AI general should control your army while your offline and are attacked for this quest. It should also not affect your city so you don't log back on and find your city half dead or some other such catastrophe.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 11-27-2009, 05:29 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
Will you only have one hero, and your armies that move across the map don't have to have a hero leading them, right? If you only have one hero, will you have the same as everyone elses hero who are the race as you, or is there a choice?
As far as having armies work without a hero present yes they can move and fight without a hero present. The other stuff I'm not sure what's publicly available, so I can't really say, nda and all.

As for the quests- if it's a pvp quest that sends you to an area then it will pick a target within the area for you. You're not assigned specific players to attack and you will never be able to be attacked while you are offline with the game as is, and I don't believe any plans for something like that exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift sword View Post
I assume the AI will just place them smartly then? After all, wouldn't want some peasant to build a house right in front of your gate...
All buildings placed automatically are placed in specific spots that won't conflict with any others. For example - a lot of the houses will be right next to walls, and their facing will reflect that. And if there is any overlap, it will look natural not like two objects simply clipped into each other.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 11-27-2009 at 05:32 PM.