Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

cross networking?!?! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2007, 07:12 PM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many
Default cross networking?!?!

for the xbox360 and pc will there be an cross networking?? like if its an MMO it would be nice to know there would be more players...it might make the game more popular.
Old 07-06-2007, 08:01 PM

Irish_PXzyan has a default reputation

Age Of Conan are going to go about that! iam sure this will also

Although AoC might go about it differently, you can either play on an Xbox360 world only or else choose to play with Xbox 360 and Pc versions.

For the PC user it will be alot easier to navigate around the map and use hotkeys which gives the PC owner at an advantage. So I wont be to surprized if they dont allow Xbox Users play against PC users....it would be good if they gave you the option and let the gamer choose what he/she wants.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:47 AM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many

if you read ign on the xbox360 spring update microsoft is curently making a keyboard for the 360 check my profile pic if you wanna see how it looks like
Old 07-07-2007, 12:15 PM

twice I heard you mention your pic of the keyboard! surely once is enough?

But yea!! it would be great.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:17 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish_PXzyan View Post
Age Of Conan are going to go about that! iam sure this will also

Although AoC might go about it differently, you can either play on an Xbox360 world only or else choose to play with Xbox 360 and Pc versions.

For the PC user it will be alot easier to navigate around the map and use hotkeys which gives the PC owner at an advantage. So I wont be to surprized if they dont allow Xbox Users play against PC users....it would be good if they gave you the option and let the gamer choose what he/she wants.
I'm glad I'm a PC user because I don't understand without the keyboard how 360 users could play these games at all.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 07-07-2007, 12:21 PM

As long as DoF is not going to be a crossport version of the X360 game...or this will be a living nightmare!

Well imagine this...look at the amount of buttons you have on a keyboard compared to the gamepad!! id hate to play this on a gamepad!!

Its really aqward using a gamepad in RTS games!!! terrible if ya ask me
Old 10-01-2007, 12:45 AM

ShadowyMoon has a default reputation

The limited controls of the Xbox have always been a problem with RTS games and games that allow PC vs Xbox players already proved that the PC players have a very big advantage so as long Microsoft doesnt make the Xbox more RTS friendly I think there shouldn't be PC vs Xbox matches in DoF.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:39 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

jap88 has a default reputation

I suppose it could be possible to make DoF compatible with keyboard and mouse on the 360 though as there are 2 usb ports however i am not positive.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:03 AM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

We are planning on including cross-networking for DoF. However as the technology is quite new, we might run across too many problems and have to scrap that feature.

Xbox users will have slight advantages in places PCs don't.

For example, the Xbox User Interface is quite different from the PC, due to the limited amount of buttons you have to work with, as well as a less-precise control stick vs. a mouse. So we have developed a unique control scheme and a user interface that is unique to the Xbox version and will help players manage their armies much easier.

Xbox users also get benefits from having a version that is optimized to run on their system, which means no matter how many units you have on your screen, or what spells or actions are being cast, it wont lag or stall. This is just undoable on a PC, as everyone's PC is different and we cannot optimize it for them, changing settings on their own can make a game run smoother, but certain events can trigger signifigant drops in performance.

Also, Xbox users on average have a faster internet connection speed as well, as they are not bogged down by firewalls and other security measures that windows takes.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:05 AM

ShadowyMoon has a default reputation

That made me feel sad My computer has slow internet and the computer itself is slow. Hopefully I'll get a new one before DoF is released.