Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

logging off in combat - Page 10 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

say that you are playing and for some reason you have to get off for a few minutes...like say to eat, or do something like chores around the house,.. or something, will there be like a puase game system? like say if i send a message to the other player and he agrees to puase the game for like say...5 minutes...will we be able to do that? and then after the 5 minutes is up the game will unpuase automatically wether or not im back ( this way it will give me time to do what i need to do instead of comeing back to the game to find my army and castle destroyed...wich would suck ). so is there anything you guys already have in place for this? also say i engage someone in a seige...if i find myself having to logg off,..would i be able to send a message to the other player requesting like a rematch...but pick up where we left off from the prevoius fight....like say if i had 200 knights storming his castle...and i have to logg. i send him a message...he agrees to let me logg off without consequense....and then like say the next day if he is logged on as well. continue or fight where i had 200 knights storming his castle of like 50 knights and 100 archers. will we be able to do this?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:27 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
say that you are playing and for some reason you have to get off for a few minutes...like say to eat, or do something like chores around the house,.. or something, will there be like a puase game system? like say if i send a message to the other player and he agrees to puase the game for like say...5 minutes...will we be able to do that? and then after the 5 minutes is up the game will unpuase automatically wether or not im back ( this way it will give me time to do what i need to do instead of comeing back to the game to find my army and castle destroyed...wich would suck ). so is there anything you guys already have in place for this? also say i engage someone in a seige...if i find myself having to logg off,..would i be able to send a message to the other player requesting like a rematch...but pick up where we left off from the prevoius fight....like say if i had 200 knights storming his castle...and i have to logg. i send him a message...he agrees to let me logg off without consequense....and then like say the next day if he is logged on as well. continue or fight where i had 200 knights storming his castle of like 50 knights and 100 archers. will we be able to do this?
If you have to leave for a while, just log off, and you have to accept an attack to let it happen.

If the guy lets you log off with no consequences, then I doubt you would be able to continue the fight the next day if both of you are online, your troops will probably have been moved or something.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 11-11-2009, 07:15 PM

treelin has a default reputation

Im glad their doing something to D/C'ers and quiters so forth because, in every RTS game ive ever played, If i was winning, or better yet, if it was a stalemate they would either D/C or leave. but noticing this is mmorts things are going to look bright for my future
Old 11-18-2009, 05:22 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Unen has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
I feel a question coming up about possibility to exploit this system - two friends fight each other, surrender right away, show mercy - and get free influence resource.

We`ll have couple of safety ideas in place - such as to surrender/offer surrender - over 20% of total unit population must be dead.
Or could have it so if you surrender show mercy to someone surrendering X times a day or X times to a certain player the influence you earn will be reduced.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 PM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unen View Post
Or could have it so if you surrender show mercy to someone surrendering X times a day or X times to a certain player the influence you earn will be reduced.
Sounds like a good idea, but I somehow prefer the minimum amount of deaths. Looks like that it makes harder to exploit the system.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:47 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espadachim View Post
Sounds like a good idea, but I somehow prefer the minimum amount of deaths. Looks like that it makes harder to exploit the system.
you already have a option before the fight begins as to wether you wish to pay tribute and avoid the fight all together so i beleive if you do wish to enter the battle then you should have to loose some troops before offering a surrender which is then dependant on the other person as would be in ye olden days.