Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Your City and How Big it Can Get? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation
Default Your City and How Big it Can Get?

Is it possible to make your city as big(elaborate) as a primary city of it's own race. Just wondering if it will possible eventually to make your city that big.
Of course I've never been able to look around one of your primary cities yet in the game but apparently there elaborate and are centers of trade and such.

Also I believe this was asked before but will other players be able to visit your cities I think when I saw the answer awhile back it was still up for disscusion.

If they can visit your city will they be able to trade with you or will trade only be allowed between Human and NPCs. I think it would be cool if your city was real big and became a center for trade just wondering if it possible or not thanks.

Also like to add a suggestion if all this is possible i think it would be cool if quest can be formed within your city at random that people can come and do specific to your city. Maybe even someone important that starts a quest comes to your city and people ahve to come to your city to do the quest. Your city grows so you attract some important generic people from around the world.

Last edited by Kaznafein : 11-06-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

Swift sword will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Nice ideas

I think you've got some interesting ideas there, especially the idea of other players visiting and your city becoming a center of trade.

I do remember the devs saying the city grows as you level, but I'm betting a limit is placed on it to prevent it getting to large. I'd personally love to see the quest idea implemented, along with allowing other players to visit your city. I mean, it's a bit sad if they only visit it armed to the teeth.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:20 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

Now that there has been a showcase on the major cities can I get an answer ?
At least on the part of making our cities as elaborate as the major cities, will we have the construction capabilities or at least most of them.Pretty much will we be able to build almost everything we see in the screen shot?

This brings me to another question when we construct things do we choose where they go and do we build peasant housing or does that sort of spring up as your city grows(meaning you cannot choose the location)?
Old 11-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaznafein View Post
Is it possible to make your city as big(elaborate) as a primary city of it's own race. Just wondering if it will possible eventually to make your city that big.
Of course I've never been able to look around one of your primary cities yet in the game but apparently there elaborate and are centers of trade and such.

Also I believe this was asked before but will other players be able to visit your cities I think when I saw the answer awhile back it was still up for disscusion.

If they can visit your city will they be able to trade with you or will trade only be allowed between Human and NPCs. I think it would be cool if your city was real big and became a center for trade just wondering if it possible or not thanks.

Also like to add a suggestion if all this is possible i think it would be cool if quest can be formed within your city at random that people can come and do specific to your city. Maybe even someone important that starts a quest comes to your city and people ahve to come to your city to do the quest. Your city grows so you attract some important generic people from around the world.
As far as the centers of trade go. your city can become popular place of trade with allies etc. As i beleive they can if i remember correctly coem to your city to trade etc. (the caravans etc). So yes in that respect they can become centers of trade.

your city can become larger then some of the cities in the showcase but not all. (i think aswell). But will never become centers on the map etc. Although you will get groups of players trying to take you out etc as theree are wars etc.

And with the quest idea i think it is good aslong as they are not able to attack your castle if they come on a quest but then see your army is out. its not so great. unless there quest is to plunder you that is? and how would you react if that quest wasn available to you but you saw a big goblin den just outside your walls.what if you delt with it etc, might be better if you could put up quests for over players do to? like protect my caravan or get rid of the invaders etc. To which you have to pay them a bounty if they complete.

And yes you will have migration into your city at each stage. (one of the old showcases show this i beleive the human one).
Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

@ Will;
The quest idea actually can work- it simply needs a slight work around. Let's break this down-as we know, each player's city is it's own instance. The player's army remains there unless the player chooses to move somewehre with it.
So, say they are on some epic quest (taking down a capital maybe) with a few friends when an orcish player gets a quest to take down his city. My suggestion would be to create an exact replica of the defending player's army and station it in the city if a foe gets a quest to take down the city and let a hard AI defend until the player completes his mission. When he does, he can feel free to take over things with the current forces in the city or let the AI fight it out with the other player.

Alternatively, a message could notify the player if such a quest came out, but I think it's far more interesting this way. If the player just received a message, their plans would be interrupted and he would be forced to pay tribute if he wanted to continue, or just forfeit entirely. While this happens under normal circumstances, nobody would be prepared for this sort of quest, and thus not many sieges upon cities would actually take place. The overall point of the game is the interaction between players and cities- however, far to many tributes will likely be payed a day as it is. This sort of quests should have its own features and circumstances that can allow it to change the normal way things are done. The normal options- (paying tribute, fighting) can still be availiable- this will just lower the amount of treaties payed.
Old 11-26-2009, 03:06 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift sword View Post
@ Will;
The quest idea actually can work- it simply needs a slight work around. Let's break this down-as we know, each player's city is it's own instance. The player's army remains there unless the player chooses to move somewehre with it.
So, say they are on some epic quest (taking down a capital maybe) with a few friends when an orcish player gets a quest to take down his city. My suggestion would be to create an exact replica of the defending player's army and station it in the city if a foe gets a quest to take down the city and let a hard AI defend until the player completes his mission. When he does, he can feel free to take over things with the current forces in the city or let the AI fight it out with the other player.

Alternatively, a message could notify the player if such a quest came out, but I think it's far more interesting this way. If the player just received a message, their plans would be interrupted and he would be forced to pay tribute if he wanted to continue, or just forfeit entirely. While this happens under normal circumstances, nobody would be prepared for this sort of quest, and thus not many sieges upon cities would actually take place. The overall point of the game is the interaction between players and cities- however, far to many tributes will likely be payed a day as it is. This sort of quests should have its own features and circumstances that can allow it to change the normal way things are done. The normal options- (paying tribute, fighting) can still be availiable- this will just lower the amount of treaties payed.
I see where your getting at but i see with the idea that you get a free exact replica of your army for the comp to defend your castle with as flawed. Who wouldent want a free army? even if you did abandon the quest and return to your home city you have effectivly used 2 armies at the price of one. The enemy probably wouldent have enough troops to carry out the attack once your main army hits home and what happened to the phantom army that they were fighting would they disapear when you come close to the castle or will you have a set up time?

as for the message system i beleive that is how it will actually be carried out in game. If a players army is away from home then you get a choice to either return and fight, pay tribute or let the AI defend on your behalf. With whatever troops it can muster at the time.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:18 AM
Human Sect:
Knight

Actually, I was planning for the phantom army to remain when the player returns and maybe the player can get his resources back from the other one...I don't know. That's the biggest issue with the first idea, and it really doesn't have many workable solutions.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

the only solution is for the player to leave some reserve troops behind in the city and let AI defend until he could get back to his city with reinforcements.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift sword View Post
Actually, I was planning for the phantom army to remain when the player returns and maybe the player can get his resources back from the other one...I don't know. That's the biggest issue with the first idea, and it really doesn't have many workable solutions.
its a nice idea but i think it would lead to to many balance issues if you are always attacking a castle with two armies. Better idea is to leave a reserve as said below. And dont put all your eggs in one basket. Worse comes to worse you ahve to get an ally (or hope to be an ally) to come help you out .: )
Old 11-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

You can have more than one army on the map/in your city etc. I think with the army cap and population cap you can have more troops than you can have in one army. I haven't tested this though, that's a huge amount.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 11-26-2009 at 09:30 AM.