Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Payment method? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 10-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Konstantin Fomenko's Avatar
Konstantin Fomenko Konstantin Fomenko is offline
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,704
Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default

To add to Joe`s post there is one more way to spend influence - Research. All of the research and advances, require some influence as well as regular resources.

However, still research takes a while, players who purchase influence for $, will not be able to get further ahead technologically.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Josh Warner's Avatar
Josh Warner Josh Warner is offline
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 809
Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
To add to Joe`s post there is one more way to spend influence - Research. All of the research and advances, require some influence as well as regular resources.

However, still research takes a while, players who purchase influence for $, will not be able to get further ahead technologically.
I assume you either have several trees and you can only research one thing in each tree, or only one thing at a time then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
I wasn't under the impression that it applies only to your territory and from what I understand you don't have a kingdom, rather you're a lord with a stronghold who is a part of a kingdom.
I see your point and his, I must agree I was thinking a lord within a kingdom not a king, though.
__________________
Remember to read the FAQ before asking questions! http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-03-2009, 04:45 PM
Puppeteer's Avatar
Puppeteer Puppeteer is offline
Reverie Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,608
Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice
Default

And yet, Jean, not all those who are renowned have a big influence. Why would someone who is honoured be able to unlock these benefits (new units, technology, resources etc.) when a person who has good control over his land does not? For me, influence makes much more sense. Besides, you can argue semantics all you want, there's no right or wrong answer. And actually Hitler was renowned; did you not know of his personality cult, which was one of the four founding principles of the German Faith Movement? He was idolised. In fact, Hitler isn't a great example of having influence either - much of his policies were directed by his senior officials, who guessed the right course of action all in the name of sycophancy.
__________________
There is a wealth of old topics with useful and unique information - your question may already have been answered!
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Jean=A=Luc's Avatar
Jean=A=Luc Jean=A=Luc is offline
Reverie Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 636
Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
He was idolised.
Depends on which side of the fence you are but the vast majority of the world did not, quite the opposite.

Still, as you said, I really don't want to argue semantics or over analyze (not really a worthy topic) but 'renown' is hardly the senseless choice you made it out to be. It's also a word that sits really well with medieval settings.
__________________
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-04-2009, 09:16 AM
LiTos456's Avatar
LiTos456 LiTos456 is offline
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Local Disk C:\
Posts: 1,675
LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Monthly payment blows for several reasons.
-Not all have credit cards - or their parents won't let them use it
-Not all have paypal - or trust it
-What if you get bored in the middle of the payment?
-It costs much, MUCH more to keep it up instead of buying it once.
-The economy sucks as someone said earlier so it's really unnecessary to add to your tax bill.

Yeah. 1 time pay ftw. With monthly pay they'll earn just as much money because not as many people will be playing it.
__________________
ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Please read "Posting and YOU!" and the forum's "Code of Conduct" before making any posts.
Please read the official FAQ thread before asking any questions! If you don't find your answer use the search function!
If you have questions about the beta, please check the official beta questions thread before posting anything!
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Josh Warner's Avatar
Josh Warner Josh Warner is offline
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 809
Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Monthly payment blows for several reasons.
-Not all have credit cards - or their parents won't let them use it
-Not all have paypal - or trust it
-What if you get bored in the middle of the payment?
-It costs much, MUCH more to keep it up instead of buying it once.
-The economy sucks as someone said earlier so it's really unnecessary to add to your tax bill.

Yeah. 1 time pay ftw. With monthly pay they'll earn just as much money because not as many people will be playing it.
Paypal is garbage, however credit cards are easy to get. Even at your age depending on where live, if you have any money you can easily get a pre-paid card that functions like a credit card without the credit part as it has a fixed amount in it.

I still don't see how it costs more to pay 15 a month for a game that is your primary game for months if not years, you save money not buying crappy games that last you a couple weeks if that. You might 'pay more' for the monthly fee, but the amount of content/hours of play compared to that cost is significantly better than traditional games by far. Microtransaction on the other hand can be a really good value, or a bad one. Because of it's flexibility inherent in it's nature it's entirely up to the devs to see to that. So far they haven't sounded greedy to me though, so I'm confident that'll be balanced.
__________________
Remember to read the FAQ before asking questions! http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-04-2009, 10:17 AM
LiTos456's Avatar
LiTos456 LiTos456 is offline
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Local Disk C:\
Posts: 1,675
LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about
Default

You really think these games are made to last 2 weeks to save your money? No the whole reason for these things is because they know people get addicted to this for months and go over paying 50 dollars for it, much over. And besides, Dawn of Fantasy will be awesome and I'll be playing it for a long time, MUCH more than 2 weeks. But with monthly pay I wouldn't be able to afford that and then everybody will be sad.
Also Paypal is actually pretty nice. My dad has been using it for years and it always helps me out in everything.
__________________
ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Please read "Posting and YOU!" and the forum's "Code of Conduct" before making any posts.
Please read the official FAQ thread before asking any questions! If you don't find your answer use the search function!
If you have questions about the beta, please check the official beta questions thread before posting anything!
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Josh Warner's Avatar
Josh Warner Josh Warner is offline
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Maine
Posts: 809
Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
You really think these games are made to last 2 weeks to save your money? No the whole reason for these things is because they know people get addicted to this for months and go over paying 50 dollars for it, much over. And besides, Dawn of Fantasy will be awesome and I'll be playing it for a long time, MUCH more than 2 weeks. But with monthly pay I wouldn't be able to afford that and then everybody will be sad.
Also Paypal is actually pretty nice. My dad has been using it for years and it always helps me out in everything.
For the amount of hours played MMOs are good deals, not bad ones. That's just statistical nonsense to suggest otherwise. If you play several hours a day, 15/month will save you a great deal of money. You'd be buying several 50-60$ games a month! And for people like me that played 8+ easily a day, it saves me hundreds. If you only have a couple hours a week sure, it's not as great a deal, but most people don't play a couple hours a week, in fact very few do.

Also - paypal does suck. They burned me out several hundred USD for a bull**** reason. They essentially just took my money, then ignored my calls.
__________________
Remember to read the FAQ before asking questions! http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=509

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-04-2009, 10:28 AM
Supreme Supreme is offline
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 319
Supreme has good reputation
Default

Dont think pre-paid creditcards can be bought here (yet). Nobody uses creditcards over here anyway..n33d m0re options.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-04-2009, 10:44 AM
LiTos456's Avatar
LiTos456 LiTos456 is offline
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Local Disk C:\
Posts: 1,675
LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeso View Post
Also - paypal does suck. They burned me out several hundred USD for a bull**** reason. They essentially just took my money, then ignored my calls.
Sorry to hear that.
I won't argue with you but I think buying dof for 50 bucks will be much better than paying every month.
personally I can't afford to.
__________________
ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS: Please read "Posting and YOU!" and the forum's "Code of Conduct" before making any posts.
Please read the official FAQ thread before asking any questions! If you don't find your answer use the search function!
If you have questions about the beta, please check the official beta questions thread before posting anything!
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:49 PM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Dawn of Fantasy and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.