Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Payment method? - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-03-2009, 01:18 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

In my opinion, I fnd MMORPGs utterly boring, not one until now has achieved what I want in an MMO (Fun), lol.

I'd say go with influence instead of wealth.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
In my opinion, I fnd MMORPGs utterly boring, not one until now has achieved what I want in an MMO (Fun), lol.

I like the idea of influence as well, when I think of influence it's as if you ask a neighboring lord or whatever for this and that, and they give it to you because of your renown/reputation. Wealth seems redundant with gold in the game.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:30 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
"Renown" (an archaic form of the word "fame") would be a good word imo since you get it for completing quests, winning battles, etc.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 10-03-2009, 02:35 PM
Elven Sect:
Ranger

cybroxis has a default reputation

Wait so you need influence to recruit units youve already unlocked?
I thought you'd be able to train those with grain and stuff and use influence to buy new units (new as in thought up regularly). And so you're saying you need to pay to have enough influence to have a chance at challenging top players?
Old 10-03-2009, 02:42 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
"Renown" (an archaic form of the word "fame") would be a good word imo since you get it for completing quests, winning battles, etc.
I disagree. Renown within your own kingdom? Yeah, that makes sense... best stick with influence.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Human Sect:
Maceman

hashkage has a default reputation

Quote:
They prefer money.
No cookies
Old 10-03-2009, 02:47 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
So stole 'renown'! dirty thief Picard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybroxis View Post
I thought you'd be able to train those with grain and stuff and use influence to buy new units (new as in thought up regularly). And so you're saying you need to pay to have enough influence to have a chance at challenging top players?
I'm guessing a little of both here, certain units require influence to train. I'm thinking like merc units otherwise unattainable, think a small dragon, or some dwarves maybe. Then you have unlocked units like super expensive/elite versions of your own, or new units entirely that fill a different role, then you can after purchasing it recruit in game.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 10-03-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybroxis View Post
No the only thing that can take influence is the in-game online shop which unlocks new unique units that you can train, purchase resources or most of all unlock new content such as added quest packs, missions, maybe a co-op mission, new AI strongholds to visit in other parts of the world.

Players will most likely gain influence through won battles and completing special quests that come from AI cities. You will not have to buy (real money) influence, you will gain it slowly progressing through the game, we are simply giving you the option to purchase more of it to save time, you can play tons of games for a very long time to get enough influence to buy 10$ worth of content. Or you can just buy 10$ worth of influence and go on that bran new co-op quest with your friends with the your very own bran new unlocked Wise Warlock Wizard you always wanted.

But I am mostly looking forward to new content and quest packs,,, this will let us keep on making better and better maps and quests long after release of the game, and it will keep you guys playing with some new content every week.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 PM

Well, my post is moot regarding influence lol. That sounds great Joseph. I really like the sound of new maps often, a big problem with RTSes for me is playing the exact same handful of maps all the time. No matter how well designed they are, they get old and boring.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:18 PM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I disagree. Renown within your own kingdom? Yeah, that makes sense... best stick with influence.
I wasn't under the impression that it applies only to your territory and from what I understand you don't have a kingdom, rather you're a lord with a stronghold who is a part of a kingdom.

You're probably thinking since it's already your territory (assuming) you must already have great renown but the same goes for "influence". Actually it's more likely for a person of low renown but high influence to be, let's say, king than for a person with high renown but low influence in the land to achieve the same. Of course renown and influence often go hand in hand but my point is that while people of great renown also have great influence, people of high influence aren't necessarily renowned (example: Hitler).
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*

Last edited by Jean=A=Luc : 10-03-2009 at 03:28 PM.