Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

I registered ON September 15th - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

crex719 has a default reputation

As long as you keep posting, you shouldn't really be worried. Just make sure you post things that make sense :-)
Old 09-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester

Henry Martin is someone to look uptoHenry Martin is someone to look upto

I guess I have to post more as I don't really post on forums much.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:40 AM

Artilla has a default reputation

some of us have the same problem.. :S
Old 09-24-2009, 05:01 AM
Elven Sect:
Sorcerer

JDmino has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by u_have_krabs View Post
I guess I have to post more as I don't really post on forums much.
It's not quantity per say, but more quality posts that make people consider you a good person. If you help people more than you hurt them you should get into the beta, that's what I have been told.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:25 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDmino View Post
It's not quantity per say, but more quality posts that make people consider you a good person. If you help people more than you hurt them you should get into the beta, that's what I have been told.
*Per se
Someone's definitely not in the beta for that typo!
Anyway, your post seems accurate.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Reverie will take there decision very seriously. And thoose who have been here a while and have been helping constructivly will unfortunatly take presidence. As would any other company. (you wouldent want to be in a que and then see the person at the back be served first when you have been stood there for ages). Same principle here.

As such there will also be controls on the qulality of your post. And if a user is seen to be spamming or not being constructive than that would indeed push them further down the queue as it were.

So hounestly i can say just wait and see im sure everyone will get into atleast the last stage of beta (aslong as you signed up before sept 15th)
Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
Reverie will take there decision very seriously. And thoose who have been here a while and have been helping constructivly will unfortunatly take presidence. As would any other company. (you wouldent want to be in a que and then see the person at the back be served first when you have been stood there for ages). Same principle here.

As such there will also be controls on the qulality of your post. And if a user is seen to be spamming or not being constructive than that would indeed push them further down the queue as it were.

So hounestly i can say just wait and see im sure everyone will get into atleast the last stage of beta (aslong as you signed up before sept 15th)
I see what you mean as I would definitely would be made if someone from the back got served before me. It is fun to get into beta's even at the college I'm going to when some of the higher level students ask you to play one of there games you feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

I signed up on sept 18. (I love using the faces to express my feelings. I wish I could us them in real life, but people might think Im crazy).
Old 09-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Ever heard of facial expressions? He he he.
I'd like to just say two things. First of all, getting into the beta isn't the developers' excuse for letting you play the game early. It will not be completely polished, you will encounter bugs, you will primarily be finding bugs simply by playing/testing, you will be providing adequate feedback. Secondly, does it really matter if you get into the beta or not? Think of it this way:
You get into the beta: play the game early, know what to expect. Formulate strategies to initially get ahead when the game is released. In a sense, you get to help Reverie. However, there are no/limited surprises left, you have to provide feedback from a buggy game and no material will be in a sense 'new' at the official release.
You don't get into the beta: you don't play the game early. And? You will still play the game, just when it's finished. Despite all the information giving by the developers, content will seem new to you and full of surprises.
You shouldn't really mind about getting into the beta. Either's good! Discover patience, and you will love the game regardless. This hoo-hah over the beta seems so exaggerated and unnecessary.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I'd like to just say two things. First of all, getting into the beta isn't the developers' excuse for letting you play the game early. It will not be completely polished, you will encounter bugs, you will primarily be finding bugs simply by playing/testing, you will be providing adequate feedback. Secondly, does it really matter if you get into the beta or not? Think of it this way:
You get into the beta: play the game early, know what to expect. Formulate strategies to initially get ahead when the game is released. In a sense, you get to help Reverie. However, there are no/limited surprises left, you have to provide feedback from a buggy game and no material will be in a sense 'new' at the official release.
You don't get into the beta: you don't play the game early. And? You will still play the game, just when it's finished. Despite all the information giving by the developers, content will seem new to you and full of surprises.
You shouldn't really mind about getting into the beta. Either's good! Discover patience, and you will love the game regardless. This hoo-hah over the beta seems so exaggerated and unnecessary.
To be fair, for anyone interested in the MMORTS mode beta experience is a huge advantage, as it is in every game. And as far as 'new' or 'surprises' I find myself going back and playing old games more than new, by far. And surprises, I don't like surprises. I like to know what I'm getting. Granted that's just me, but thinking about beta differently is not by any stretch of the imagination 'wrong' it all depends on what you want out of the game. I intend to be playing it for years. If people just intend to play for a couple months whil it's still new or don't care about MMORTS mode sure, beta isn't as big a deal. But for those that are primarily interested in MMORTS, as I said, it's a fairly big advantage.

You do however raise a valid point about testing, it's not about playing the game early. You should be testing first, playing second if at all. But even if all you're doing is testing as diligently as possible, you're still learning how the game works before others. I'd be pretty disappointed with anyone trying to get in solely for an advantage/playing early, we should be focusing on helping improve the game first and foremost, any personal benefits should be secondary and just a bonus.

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeso View Post
To be fair, for anyone interested in the MMORTS mode beta experience is a huge advantage, as it is in every game. And as far as 'new' or 'surprises' I find myself going back and playing old games more than new, by far. And surprises, I don't like surprises. I like to know what I'm getting. Granted that's just me, but thinking about beta differently is not by any stretch of the imagination 'wrong' it all depends on what you want out of the game. I intend to be playing it for years. If people just intend to play for a couple months whil it's still new or don't care about MMORTS mode sure, beta isn't as big a deal. But for those that are primarily interested in MMORTS, as I said, it's a fairly big advantage.

You do however raise a valid point about testing, it's not about playing the game early. You should be testing first, playing second if at all. But even if all you're doing is testing as diligently as possible, you're still learning how the game works before others. I'd be pretty disappointed with anyone trying to get in solely for an advantage/playing early, we should be focusing on helping improve the game first and foremost, any personal benefits should be secondary and just a bonus.
Yes I do understand exactly what both of you are say as that is what I am doing at the college I'm going to. I for the next few quarters I will be making a game (by myself and in a team) hopefully using the new torque 3d game engine . This will mean I have to concept, program, model, animate, and "Test Play". I think this is when games are the funnest is when they aren't quite complete so you can find bugs and help the developer (whether it is a company, friend, or someone else) with the things don't see or notice.

I didn't mean to step on any ones toes, but it is still nice to get a look at the not down yet version of a game. I definitely know how important have other people play test your product is.

Last edited by Henry Martin : 09-24-2009 at 02:55 PM.