Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Decisive Force? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2009, 09:44 AM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Exactly, as well as a unit that can block double and more effectively against melee attacks, or maybe one that is almost immune to ranged attack.

Strategy would prolifer with these units ;p.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

im guessing that will proably be worked out in the final stages of the game when they are working out balances. As you dont want to have a instance where a few battalions of one unit becomes unbeatable by any other. (like an army of hv kataphracts (or however you spell it) in TW.

therefore i would imagine you would have diffrent units. The heavy armoured attackerr units (like trolls) or the armoured defence units (like the human warriors). And thoose inbetween. they would most likely i would imagine have diffrent styles of fighting with regard to agression and block/attack ratio.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Actually, ogres don't have much armor at all, if you just look at them, they're wearing little more than a loincloth.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-16-2009, 07:00 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
Actually, ogres don't have much armor at all, if you just look at them, they're wearing little more than a loincloth.
Ogres typically have had high damage reduction/resistance/armor/what have you in games, at least any that I've played with them in it, combined with high health. Be they wearing armor or not, I guess it's attributed to just having thick/calloused skin or something. It's true he's basically wearing nothing though, which is disturbing. Thanks for pointing that out. ;p

And if you don't find the answer - ask them in that same thread, we'll answer what we can.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
An oversight in my post. Although like the post above me. I was talking about the genrally accepted atributes of having thick armour like skin etc.

On a side note will the horses be able to join up and create larger formations for bigger impact when you select groups of them? e.g. 4 groups of knights formed into 1 wedge. As that would have a far bigger affect on a sieging force then 4 individual wedges of knights attacking a point.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:58 PM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

Well talking about the orges I read you can research upgrades and your units become more experiened eithier one of this things I would think could change the appearance of the orge such as him wearing a curaiss or helm.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:21 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaznafein View Post
Well talking about the orges I read you can research upgrades and your units become more experiened eithier one of this things I would think could change the appearance of the orge such as him wearing a curaiss or helm.
Hmm nice idea. OR possibly there standered grows bigger or more elaborate so that they are more noticable on the battlefield. (raises moral of your own troops and puts fear into the enemy etc:P )