Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

MMORTS mode or standard, preference? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Which are you most looking forward to.
MMORTS 19 54.29%
Stanard(skirmishes/ladder etc) 2 5.71%
Both/equally 14 40.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2009, 08:52 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice
Default MMORTS mode or standard, preference?

There's been a lack of things to discuss since beta hasn't started, and I thought this would provide an interesting topic.

MMORTS, Standard, Both. Which are you most looking forward to? For me it's MMORTS. I made the poll public since it's not asking anything private and it makes it easier to see what people think since not everyone will actually reply.

I love the concept, but so far it's pretty much dominated by horrible browser games so I can't wait to see what rev does with MMORTS. The only decent title before this would have to be End War, which honestly I couldn't stand. I felt it was a poorly done rock paper scissors with faulty controls.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 09-12-2009 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Both equally:

MMORTS:
Finally I cna mage my people and watch them die and suffer pleading for mercy and cry and feel sorry for them as I steal their goodies...it's gonna be fun making alliences, adventures and trade ;p.

Plus I can't wait to make quests where you have to set up a small camp and defeat the evil Ogre that stole the village princess and return her to her father, etc. (Would be cool if quests could have a limit on how many men you can bring, so you could make RPG type quests).

Skirmish:
The crazy and unique scenarios XD.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:27 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
Both equally:

MMORTS:
Finally I cna mage my people and watch them die and suffer pleading for mercy and cry and feel sorry for them as I steal their goodies...it's gonna be fun making alliences, adventures and trade ;p.

Plus I can't wait to make quests where you have to set up a small camp and defeat the evil Ogre that stole the village princess and return her to her father, etc. (Would be cool if quests could have a limit on how many men you can bring, so you could make RPG type quests).

Skirmish:
The crazy and unique scenarios XD.
They've said you can nearly do anything, if their editor is as versatile as they make it sound, that'd be possible. The question is will MMORTS mode be flexible in what type of scenarios can be added to it so it's not limited to just the standard game, be it through game alterting maps, or just little things like the very small limit on army size to encourage RPG style tactics/micro.

Oh and one question for you or anyone else, I feel like I'm adding mostly if not always constructive posts, but I wonder if it might be misconstrued as spamming. I certainly wish there were a few more active people on the forums, I know there will be plenty whenever beta starts though.

Last edited by Josh Warner : 09-12-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:40 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Until then, cheers, Devs should be glad we give them conversations from fans of their game to read ;p.

Must...wait...for...aplications time.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:43 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

MMORTS mode is the vote.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:22 AM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I would prefer MMORTS mode to skirmishes, I don't really like playing single maps against generally random people who I don't know. In MMORTS mode, I will be able to scout out that person in advance and then attack him, knowing more about him. And MMORTS promises to have more features that intrigue me such as the trade carts and trading in npc cities.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-13-2009, 08:13 AM

Do note the best of standard is a bit misleading, standard also includes user made content including total conversion maps, dota-esque stuff etc.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

MMORTS, It's how I got here anyway.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Even with user-content, I still find the MMORTS mode more attractive because I still prefer the content and features that it offers. I might play a tower defense occasionally, or maybe even dota if I am really bored, but MMORTS mode seems much better(not only for convenience(it will always be there for you, where as you have to find other players for a map) because it let's me interact with dozens and possibly hundreds of people in one large world environment.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-13-2009, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
Even with user-content, I still find the MMORTS mode more attractive because I still prefer the content and features that it offers. I might play a tower defense occasionally, or maybe even dota if I am really bored, but MMORTS mode seems much better(not only for convenience(it will always be there for you, where as you have to find other players for a map) because it let's me interact with dozens and possibly hundreds of people in one large world environment.
Oh I agree. I just wanted to clear it up. I myself absolutely plan on creating a specific type of map once I have the editor/no obligations to rev, and playing it whenever I feel like a break from MMORTS mode, unless it happens to be so engrossing that I just never leave MMORTS, which is possible. We'll see how it goes, I have a very specific and well thought out idea that I'd like to do, but if MMORTS mode is just that amazing, well I'll just not do it : p