Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

What is the price for dof? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Will you pay for the pc version?
I want to play it for free 10 23.81%
I just want to pay because, games that cost money are better dumb nub! 30 71.43%
I don't know 2 4.76%
I hate DOF, who cares if we want to pay or not! 1 2.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2009, 08:37 PM

deathgrail has a default reputation

I would buy the game in store or D. download. If the games great i wouldnt mind a monthly fee of sorts, but 15 bucks a month is a lot for a game. I like the guild wars style of games. You buy the game then pay for x packs.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

This game won't have monthly fees. Anything you pay after the original purchase is for expansions or mini-expansions. We're not yet sure what model Reverie will pursue with that regard.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
This game won't have monthly fees. Anything you pay after the original purchase is for expansions or mini-expansions. We're not yet sure what model Reverie will pursue with that regard.
I think expansions are always better. You apriciate the development more if it hapens in big changes then lots of little ones.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:13 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Kaznafein has a default reputation

Thats awesome to hear makes this game even better in my mind that you dont have to pay monthly. Yep I like the guild wars style to were you pay for expansions and apparently it works for them.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaznafein View Post
Thats awesome to hear makes this game even better in my mind that you dont have to pay monthly. Yep I like the guild wars style to were you pay for expansions and apparently it works for them.
yeah. I think if you have a good base of players. Like this game should surly have then it will have no troubles at all. Could also open a advert thing. (for extra moneys) where you have to look at 1 advert for 10 secs when you first open for the online play. (like msn video only not as much or as anoying lol)
Old 09-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
I doubt most of gamers know how the cost of the game breaks down.

From the 50$ you get in a store like Besbuy or Wallmart, the store keeps around 8-10$. The manufacturing of that good looking game box, DVDs and manual takes another 5-10$ - depending on how fancy the Game box is. Usually Publisher would take at least 50% of what`s left. And in the end developer would get around 8$-10$ after years of hard work and majority of investment

We are really pushing DoF to be soled online as well as retail. Download size of the final game should be under 1.2GBs making it quite an easy download. And manufacturing and retail fees are almost nil.
you guys would make a lot more money selling it online, that is what you guys should do, you should sell the game online, and for the xbox, sell it on xbox live,especially if its a small download of 1.2 gbs, you shouldnt even sell it in a store.........though that probably is a dumb idea on my part
Old 09-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach12wqasxz View Post
you guys would make a lot more money selling it online, that is what you guys should do, you should sell the game online, and for the xbox, sell it on xbox live,especially if its a small download of 1.2 gbs, you shouldnt even sell it in a store.........though that probably is a dumb idea on my part
Digital sales are always superior for profit margins, however many people live in areas they get bandwidth capped, good luck dling several gigs for a game without being charged hundreds, assuming they let you go over your cap at all. (keep in mind any patches have to be DLed after you install the game, potential hash fails if torrent, or corrupted regular DLs)
Old 09-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haeso View Post
Digital sales are always superior for profit margins, however many people live in areas they get bandwidth capped, good luck dling several gigs for a game without being charged hundreds, assuming they let you go over your cap at all. (keep in mind any patches have to be DLed after you install the game, potential hash fails if torrent, or corrupted regular DLs)
Should be ok if reveri hosts the update itself if it has the capability for running all this mmorts it should be able to take the train of running a auto update patch through it.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:37 PM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Rubenrobbie2 has a default reputation
Lightbulb -_-

Well if DOF costs money, they will need to make a free version too, so before buying the game, Reverie World needs to make a free version so before wasting our money on a game, we need to try the free version.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:48 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by wills370 View Post
Should be ok if reveri hosts the update itself if it has the capability for running all this mmorts it should be able to take the train of running a auto update patch through it.
Oh, that goes without saying. You misunderstood I believe - I was saying that they have to download the game then any patches. For someone with a capped amount of bandwidth that could be a problem.