Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Will be looking for intern scenario designers and scripters soon. - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Kal Torak has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
All I need is a trigger list and time to expirement ;p.

I'd probably start making a map alone though.
True, personally I don't enjoy making the environment much, I like making triggers, probably why i go around fixing other peoples maps when I see issues lol.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I would apply, but I don't meet the qualifications.
However, I might have a go at making a few maps when I get the editor.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

I have limited LUA experience, but I understand most of the functions simply due to the time spent in editors, and have 12+ hours a day I would be more than happy to dedicate to learning the ins and outs of your editor on my own, making custom content was always a passion of mine, the idea of being able to actually have it be part of the game is more than motivating enough to put that kind of time in for me personally, I'd likely put 6+ a day in anyway on my own time once the game comes out just because creating and refining my own maps has always been a passion of mine. This is a really great opportunity I'd love to be able to help out, even as an intern. I've certainly got the time to use and desire to do this, expect my application as soon as I see it available.

I really love the idea of possibly being able to work on MMORTS quests later on as well, one question though, would we be working on and adding more even after release? Or would that only be for someone who ends up getting hired.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:55 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Already started gathering information for my aplication, so far I have like 6 successfully completed projects ;p.

Who else gonna send an aplication besides me?

Geez can't wait for next week...
Old 09-11-2009, 09:41 PM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Already started gathering information for my aplication, so far I have like 6 successfully completed projects ;p.

Who else gonna send an aplication besides me?

Geez can't wait for next week...
I'm trying to find old projects now really, I don't have them saved since everything but simple maps created for balanced competitive play in a couple more recent games like sins were 4+ years ago. If possible I'd like a more clear expectation from rev really and just try and put something together with wc3 solely for applying, what's acceptable.

I can slap together some examples of complicated function I know how to do most of it and could create maps showcasing each function from spawning a unit, to teleporting it and modifying it, or adjusting player values all sorts of wild things from creating systems that record kills for each player altering the units they control, possibly upgrading them to a different unit, anything I could ever think of I could get to work eventually, but the time to create a full project is beyond me even if I put 12+ hours a day in if we've only got a week

However I'm guessing you don't want us to be creating scenarios that totally convert gameplay? Just maps that could pass as one created by the company, playable with the normal game, possibly adding cinematics, quest text, creating various challenges through spawned opponents based on several things, either action based upon moving into a designated area, gathering a certain amount of something be it units, resources or anything else, killing something, etc. That's incredibly easy and just takes time, I could do that no problem if given an example map to draw and learn from, or do you want something that does indeed wildly alter the gameplay? Note; this part isn't about our example projects, this is what you want people to do once they become interns for you.

I've got the time and ability to do it, just no saved examples, none of them became popular enough to continue working on them so I never kept them and since I'm not active anymore in any modding community because of the lack of any titles that I enjoyed enough to spend time on, nothing new. I'd love to be able to help out, might not be able to because of those circumstances however.

TL;DR
Basically I'd like to get a week with the editor and one sample scenario, and create something with your own editor on my own time as an example of what I can do, but that's not likely to happen, so just some clarification on what you'll be looking for us to be able to do, and if you're looking for a polished product, or a demonstration of ability and if the latter, what sort of ability you're looking for, a flowing and balanced map for multiplayer, total conversion of game mechanics, or a challenging and innovative quest map, would also be something I could work with.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Elite Member

Just by reading that I know you actually do design ;p.

Not much people will probably sign up anyways, though i told a friend about this who is already in closed beta who is also willing to fill in an aplication.

I'm looking forward to discussing editor discoveries/ideas with you Haeso ;p.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Just by reading that I know you actually do design ;p.

Not much people will probably sign up anyways, though i told a friend about this who is already in closed beta who is also willing to fill in an aplication.

I'm looking forward to discussing editor discoveries/ideas with you Haeso ;p.
Nothing would make me happier than being able to make and test maps with a group of people as dedicated to this game as myself, I really hope they give me a chance.

And well, if they don't chose to accept me I'll be sure to ask for the editor as soon as I get into CB, and show them they should have I'm confident in my ability, and even more confident in my amount of free time.

I have tons of ideas I've already started writing down in notepad for everything from conversion scenarios, to layouts for skirmish maps, or ideas of quests. it's getting to the point where I'm about to create a .doc for it, .txt is going to get me lost it's so big. I have a love/hate relationship with notepad. It's so easy and convenient, but so simple and unorganized.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:37 PM
Elite Member

I normally do the same on paper, easier on the ideas, ideas come fresher somehow ;p.

Might try doing it to get myself entertained.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

damn squirrel, I'll hate your sneaky bottom if you get in.
I have school from 8-1.30 (not counting the 40 minutes it takes me to get to it and the 40 minutes to get back home). So technically I have time too. Experience...nay but I learn fast. Just the age is my problem.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 09-11-2009, 10:51 PM
Elite Member

So your seriously 14?, can't believe you can run sites and I can't :S.