Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

graphics - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2009, 12:19 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by raving View Post
i was not talking about the grass, i saw some of the early trailers and the layout of the face was more euhm dont know the right word but lets call it more pixally >< now the faces are smooth, the environment is also smooth, im talking about the grapics in general they improved greatly. great work ^^
There is still much work to be done, see in the picture the terrain starts to blur out not in synch with the grass. I dont like that. More graphical changes to be done, along with gameplay.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:10 AM

xsacha has a default reputation

I just got a brand new laptop and tried out various games that are meant to be graphically challenging. I've been disappointed that my laptop appears to be able to play everything (including Crysis on HIGH, Oblivion and Farcry 2) with atleast 30 FPS. This is on a laptop afterall. I didn't exactly buy the laptop as a gaming rig either, a quite modest Radeon 4570.

That's why I think games should have higher settings available. I'm sure there is quite a few people with desktop gaming rigs looking for the best graphics.

So yeah if it was just simply a 'setting change' to make the graphics look much better, don't hesitate! I don't mind having medium settings if I'm using a laptop and there's quite a few people whose systems are going idle. Just make sure low settings look nice too. Not hard right?
Old 09-08-2009, 03:30 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Kal Torak has a default reputation

It is nice to have a wide array of options graphically allowing higher end users to enjoy the looks and lower end users to play. Graphical customization is very important and it's nice to see it developing so early. Most games in development/beta seriously lack customization in that area with the excuse they'll add more later and don't, or add few more.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:25 PM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

For the screenies that I've saw here and at HG, the graphics are quite awesome and they're appealing to the eyes. But still having excellent graphics on the lowest configuration = more initiative to purchase the game.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 09-08-2009, 09:37 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

it's for the greater good if u do it
Old 09-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

The Greater Good.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 09-09-2009, 11:29 AM

Espadachim will become famous soon enough

No problem.

Dawn of Fantasy Heaven Staff.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:58 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Should be good it it offers the versitility of having reasonable graphics even at low spec.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:15 AM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Ironic has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsacha View Post
I just got a brand new laptop and tried out various games that are meant to be graphically challenging. I've been disappointed that my laptop appears to be able to play everything (including Crysis on HIGH, Oblivion and Farcry 2) with atleast 30 FPS. This is on a laptop afterall. I didn't exactly buy the laptop as a gaming rig either, a quite modest Radeon 4570.

That's why I think games should have higher settings available. I'm sure there is quite a few people with desktop gaming rigs looking for the best graphics.

So yeah if it was just simply a 'setting change' to make the graphics look much better, don't hesitate! I don't mind having medium settings if I'm using a laptop and there's quite a few people whose systems are going idle. Just make sure low settings look nice too. Not hard right?
Basicly to my knowledge crysis is still the most graphic intensive game around so if u can run that theres nothing much to stop you
Not sure why u mentioned oblivion, while awsome its engine is basically ancient

If u want to bring your pc to its knees try running supreme commander with all settings on full with the hack that removes the unit limit. Even beastly rigs can be brought to their knees with that many units
Poem Write YOU!
Old 09-18-2009, 07:13 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Yeah i will admit it is frustrating if your games dont match your PC capability's. Judging on the development of this game however as it has moved from reasonably modest graphics to thoose seen in the new trailor. I will be pretty suprised if the engine dosent offer a range of graphic options. (particularly the grass and the addable leave etc under the trees). when games are designed like this with a new engine they usualy work best and will suit your computers ability on all levels.

On a side note however how much more graphic work is there to do in regard to DOF genrally. Is it close to the level of graphics you want for sale? or still alot more work?