Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Miscellanous units - Page 4 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2009, 08:28 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

The only possible way for that to happen is if triggers were able to scale units, I think that is asking for too much.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

Quote:
The only possible way for that to happen is if triggers were able to scale units, I think that is asking for too much.
Asking for triggers to be able to scale units is asking for too little.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Joslin View Post
Asking for triggers to be able to scale units if asking for too little.
"My editor can beat up your editor!"

Sounds like it'll be quite powerful indeed.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Just saw something about it on DoFH, it's amazing how they actually implemented bridges.

Could this game be too powerful?

Also is it recommended to use triggers or to get more inside the code and try out scripting? (I am a scenario designer, so I am quite interested in how I have to get prepared for when I receive the editor).

Scripting seems a bit complicated since I just started learning C++, or more like attempting too since the simplest functions still confuse me (The tutorials I found are very difficult to understand).
Old 08-31-2009, 07:23 AM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaky_squirrel View Post
Just saw something about it on DoFH, it's amazing how they actually implemented bridges.

Could this game be too powerful?

Also is it recommended to use triggers or to get more inside the code and try out scripting? (I am a scenario designer, so I am quite interested in how I have to get prepared for when I receive the editor).

Scripting seems a bit complicated since I just started learning C++, or more like attempting too since the simplest functions still confuse me (The tutorials I found are very difficult to understand).
#True, think a few may have to reinvest into another graphics card. i know i am thinking about buying a second one to put in and im running Geforce 8800GTS 512
Old 08-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

Quote:

'Triggers' and 'scripting' both use the same language, they just have different nuances in how they're used.

They're both simple to understand though, just look through a few scenarios' scripting and you'll understand much.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:25 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Joslin View Post
'Triggers' and 'scripting' both use the same language, they just have different nuances in how they're used.

They're both simple to understand though, just look through a few scenarios' scripting and you'll understand much.
Hmm i might just have a look. If yo dont hear from me in a while it means ive corupted windows lol :P