Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
... the worst of it coming from Sparrow mainly... But we tolerate him ...
He is the necessary evil.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:26 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
He is the necessary evil.
Well as i get it, he is reborn and he doesnt spam that much anymore, except that pink colour of his letters ....ugh..... Anyway i would give him a new chance here on forums. What if he grew up a little, but you still give him marks like he is still childish. At least i wouldnt like that if i would change myself.
Well these are just my markings, but could be wrong.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 08-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

I think I remember receiving an infraction for spamming (or whatever it's called). The moderator said I wasn't really spamming, but received a complaint and had to take some form of action...

Pretty strange...
Old 08-01-2009, 04:08 PM

Feweh has fair reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotyguy40 View Post
I think I remember receiving an infraction for spamming (or whatever it's called). The moderator said I wasn't really spamming, but received a complaint and had to take some form of action...

Pretty strange...

Weird :/ that doesnt make a whole lot of sense lol.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feweh View Post
Weird :/ that doesnt make a whole lot of sense lol.
Rules are a guideline - if enough people feel someones causing a problem, they'll do something about it against the rules or not - or at least every community I've been a part of that's how it works.
Old 08-02-2009, 05:34 PM

Vimes has fair reputation

Unless the numbers allowed on the beta are deliberately small and this is what you are aiming for, could some non dedicated fan sites get a pop at beta keys? It might be the only way you get hard core MMORTS players who have seen most good and fail points of MMORTS to get in. DoF fan sites will be watched by those who watch the official forum anyway and RTS sites will have RTS players (who have generally no idea of the long term implications of MMORTS games) - why not - like other devs - send some material to a dedicated MMORTS site that attracts hundreds of visitors per day from all the other live and beta MMORTS games....

Also - my SEO work that got me to 2nd on google (cant beat MMORTS.com by dint of the url alone sadly) was all hand tweaked and word of mouth. I see too many actual game pages NOT found by search engines - in fact i think only saga appears first page. Little bit of work and your site could be on first page at least. Most still havent managed that and it was quite easy tbh.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Actually only 1 of the 3 fan sites given keys is dedicated to DoF.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:13 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

I agree that having more information and the like on a site dedicated to mmorts's would be very beneficial in attracting new people, and there aren't really too many sites that have much of anything on DoF. But this all should probably done when the update to the website is complete so they don't just look and the release date of 2007 and all the features that aren't going to be in the game anymore.
And like Aametherar said, rtsc and heavengames just have a forum or page for it, only dofsource is a site that is only about DoF.
Wait for the update to the website before any interviews and stuff so people aren't confused.
I'm not sure how big the beta is going to be, the sticky says 50 in the first beta and doubles for the next two, but this seems like it might change(hopefully to where avid official forum goers get into like the 2nd or 3rd beta ).

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 08-03-2009, 01:58 AM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Considering the forum has 97 active members I doubt that'l be a problem, everyone active here with a respectful attitude probably will be in by the 3rd stage of beta. I'm sure wel see a whole flock of new guys pop in once CB starts though. I know i'll try to make sure it pops up on betawatchers.com once it does.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:09 AM

Vimes has fair reputation

ahh np - I will assume this is more heading more towards the 'large multiplayer online RTS' game not massively then lol

Most betas get 100 players on first day minimum and use about 500+ to explore the MMO aspects that cause the most difficulty in this genre.

Heavengames is regarded as 'of note' by wikipedia so I have just assumed that means they take advertising for reviews like the rest of the sites 'of note' like gamespot et all. Sorry if the staff there take offence but I am suspicious of popularity on the net lol.

Rtsc doesnt do MMORTS - they only have Saga on their list and thats more down to the casual game elements of the trading cards imo and a fan on the staff maybe. DoF fans live there thus coverage - no other game in our genre is mentioned by that site - they are stuck in the 1990's in my eyes.

And previous betas have led me to regard sites like betawatchers with caution - they will lead to a misleading influx of folk with no clue what they are meant to be playing nm assisting the devs to weed out gameplay issues. Bugtesting will be fine - even console users can spot those lol but gameplay for longevity? I think those sites mostly harbour those seeking free games not real beta testers.

Dont mean to be negative but i find way too much is assumed in this genre and even devs can get tunnel vision over this. An RTS game could be accomodated and understood more easily but MMORTS is a hard beast to ride and I have yet to see a dev listen before commiting too heavily to change whats needed.

As many devs have found out - i am happy to pop onto vent and swear at them for being stupid there also