Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

First DoFSource.com beta key contest started! - Page 12 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
It is funny to win with 2 votes =P. Oh and bdw where is second close beta key since me and Haeso got third close beta key?
And once again gratz Aametherar for winning (damn i so envy him =P), and thanks Orcslayer and Thomas for voting for me. To bad Orcslayer you didnt get any votes, your suggestion was also good, specially those trees =).
And where it says -entry here-, i think should be some link there?, but it doesnt work =)
First beta is single player only and hardware issues primarily. second beta is the very basics of multiplayer including connectivity issues etc, third beta is MMORTS mode - I'm happy with third, more than happy lol. edit; a little off, but the idea is right.

"Closed Beta Stage 1 - we`ll begin by sending stripped down game client with updater tool and single-player skirmish to the first 50 testers. You`ll get a chance to play around with this for the first two weeks. During this phase we`ll be solving technical problems preventing people from starting the game, and other major crashes.

Closed Beta Stage 2 - will commence 2 weeks later. We`ll invite 50 additional testers, and send out a major update that will feature multiplayer skirmish mode. During stage 2 we`ll be fine tuning connectivity, chat and basics of player vs player gameplay. All 3 multilayer skirmish mods will be available, including team defense of huge capital fortresses."

from the beta questions thread, so yeah, first beta might not be the most fun, but very important that it goes well or the others can't really go on as scheduled. So do a good job Aametherar! Second beta sounds great, but third is the one I wanted to be in by for sure as it's my primary attraction to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Yeah the links don't work, I just copy and pasted from the dofsource news post lol. I'll remove them now.
Uhm also for the third beta keys, I actually can't be completely sure about that yet - I'll have to confirm with the devs, you might get into 2nd, sorry for the confusion.

PS: Aametherar, remember your first post in this thread? If you held onto that you wouldn't win :P see?
I wouldn't complain about getting into the second for sure!

Last edited by Josh Warner : 07-20-2009 at 11:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:26 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Isnt it, if you get beta key, the first one for example, that you stay also in all other later betas? Tho it is better to get beta key as soon as possible, isnt it ?=)

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!

Last edited by Kire : 07-21-2009 at 07:13 AM. Reason: to make more clear
Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 AM

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

Quote:
Isnt it, if you get beta key, the first one for example, that you stay also in all other later betas? Tho for this one it is better to get it faster, isnt it ?=)
I haven't heard of a beta being run any other way so I'd assume so.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Isnt it, if you get beta key, the first one for example, that you stay also in all other later betas? Tho it is better to get beta key as soon as possible, isnt it ?=)
Yeah, thats why it's better to get the first beta key.
I can't confirm which beta the other winners will be in, 2nd or 3rd. Just hope for 2nd. I'll try to confirm later today.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 07-21-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Yeah, thats why it's better to get the first beta key.
I can't confirm which beta the other winners will be in, 2nd or 3rd. Just hope for 2nd. I'll try to confirm later today.
I'm more than happy with 3rd personally, MMORTS testing/feedback is what I want to be a part of. Though that capital fortress defense thing sounds like a lot of fun.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:00 PM

You know what I find funny, there were a total of 15 votes in the poll, but in the current poll (How did you like the contest) there's already 9. Which is more than half the important poll. Lol.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:37 AM
Elite Member

Quote:
You know what I find funny, there were a total of 15 votes in the poll, but in the current poll (How did you like the contest) there's already 9. Which is more than half the important poll. Lol.
Is that good or bad thing ?=P

Glory to the elves!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:44 PM

It's a silly thing, beacuse we could have used all those votes for the actual contest. Too bad the poll system was bugged up.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
It's a silly thing, beacuse we could have used all those votes for the actual contest. Too bad the poll system was bugged up.
What if those, who voted now, also voted at contest? So it wouldnt make a difference =P.

Glory to the elves!
Old 07-25-2009, 10:58 PM

Ok now you're just overexxagarating it. I'm sure there were guests who voted in the current poll.