Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Update on the Update. - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We do hope to add Fall and Spring seasons, but there is a chance this will happen post release.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

i like the last picture for some reason, so peaceful......can u catch all that on fire?
Old 07-02-2009, 01:18 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

wou129 is someone to look uptowou129 is someone to look upto

i like those screens
Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Mmmm I do love destructible environment I liked it in C&C series how you could burn down trees with grenades etc. and people hiding in em would get fried. Anyways some of that stuffs too shiny for me, reminds me of stronghold 2 on max graphics, I couldn't even see what the units looked like just big shiny blobs so I had to turn down the graphics settings.

It'd also be awesome in MMO mode if there was a sort of editor to fully customize defense/traps, different aspects used would have to cost resources, it'd probably take some work to figure out the system but it'd be awesome to attack someone and run into a 100% unique trap noone has ever seen before, it'd also add a major strategic element that requires real cunning. Something I would like to do for example is have a line of archers firing at the enemy then when they get close nuf have some ogres turn some wheels in diff places and walls pop up from the ground, 1 under the archers and 1 behind the enemy, awesome stuff like that.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:06 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

That would be a pretty complex trap but would be awesome.
But the idea of making your own traps is cool and would let a good player do insane things.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 07-02-2009, 03:10 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Who needs walls, that farm looks too darn lovely to ruin with behemoths of stone.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darathor View Post
That would be a pretty complex trap but would be awesome.
But the idea of making your own traps is cool and would let a good player do insane things.
Yup, if not directly supported a team consisting of volunteer+staff that works on that stuff could be assigned to multiplayer to address peoples new defensive strategies in private. Players would submit their plans, the team would work on them and make it possible, then the player would be able to do it, after that it branches out, as in the only way to learn it from their on out is by fighting another player who uses that strategy, then the good strategies branch out like wildfire, and some rare ones are kept in wait for a special enemy. I just think it'd be insanely awesome if not directly supported in the actual MMO mode. Of course it'd be mostly volunteers under NDA led by 1 or a few devs since that stuff takes time and money, either way it'd be amazing.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:55 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

Darathor is someone to look uptoDarathor is someone to look upto

Yes it would be awesome and the number of possibilities would astonishing!
I would come up with a secret one just for you Aametherar.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc (Elves are the best!)
Old 07-02-2009, 09:30 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

I think it would cause to much balancing problems tho i dont like that idea much =P and for some "unique" traps it is hard to mod. And bdw aametherar that wall trap... wouldnt be walls visible allreay ?=) and you need time to build such a trap.... enemy can just go different way and you were building it for 5 days for nothing ?=) you cant just pop it in within 1 sec as fight goes. You need to be 100% sure about time and location of an attack to start build ther but that is almost imposible and just nubs would go into it.... without seeing/realizing it (wow trolls at wheels and ohoh hidden wall in grass =)) or did i missed something ?=P

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 07-03-2009, 06:34 AM
Banned Acount Serfing

MrBlack103 has no reputation

Quote:
Is it possible to NEVER pass that stage? it would be pretty cool if you could keep it like that just a small town, unwalled... Yeah it would be impractical but it would be a TOWN not a fortress... it would be cool
The way I understand it, in general there are several farms outside your castle. If it IS that way, I wanna be orcs and just annoy people by attacking their outlying towns, not their castle. Then, when their army's spread really thin, WHAM! I take their castle. pwnage