Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

new game name and get some advertising out thier!!!!! - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto
Default new game name and get some advertising out thier!!!!!

i think that you guys should come up with a new game name because to me the games name is a little to......how should i put it.........a mix of girly and childish, i really dont think that a game with a bunch of savage orcs slaughtering some elves in a seige should really be called dawn of fantasy. also i woudnt say that this is a game for younger ppl (im not saying its all that bad) but if i saw on the internet an advertisement for a game called dawn of fantasy i wouldnt think of the type of game you guys are working so hard to create. i would probably think of some mages and trolls sipping tea at at a tea party or someting. unless you guys get some serious advertising going on and show what the game is all about (like commercials on tv or something) the game just wont be as succesful. im only expressing my opinion and im not saying that this game will be a major bust that know one likes or heard of, alls im saying is that i think it will be much more succesful and rewarding to the hard working team members at reverie if they made the name a little more.......i dont know how to put it but i think you cacth my meaning...........hopefully. i think the game you guys are developing is great but no one else is going to even know what it is unless you start advertising and get a more cacthier name for the more older(not 8 year old kids) players
Old 06-27-2009, 05:52 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

The name never comes without pictures, description, and a deep burly voice, I think it's fine. Besides, there's nothing childish or girly about fantasy., we all need a bit in todays world

Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Strange opinion =P. Ok here is my....
I like name DoF tho it reminds me of something mystical and the beginning of some greatness (tho i like good fantasy stuff especially if have also good lore behind). the word Dawn is epic =) tho means that this game will make revolution in fantasy world like no man has ever seen and i think it will do =). The second is fantasy tho already said i bear great respect for it, makes something mystical (this mystical stuff made me study archaeology to explore new stuffs =)). Together those words are pure win i guess.
But there is some critique about it =P, pointed to game name, to be 100% true this game should have more rases (i know in future will have), but since it already have this name should also have that =P.

Picture made by Aametherar the orc

Glory to the elves!
Old 06-27-2009, 06:35 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Quote:
Besides, there's nothing childish or girly about fantasy.
How about Unicorns?

There will be advertising push closer to the game's release, but currently the developers don't want to put money into it. It makes more sense to spend all your ad budget in the last two months leading up to release than it does to spread it out over six to eight months.

There is going to be a new website put up fairly soon, and a big trailer video will release with it, which will bring some new attention to the game. The first stage of the beta test will likely begin shortly afterwards. So, there is going to be new attention brought to DoF as soon as the devs are ready.

As for the name, I think it's final. It's probably too late to change it, and once the trailer and new site go live it's definitely too late to change it. I don't think there's anything wrong with the title, personally. It's not a great title, but all the catchy ones are already taken <_<
Old 06-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Elite Member

zach12wqasxz is someone to look uptozach12wqasxz is someone to look upto

ya your probably right,.....i think dawn of war would be a better title (even though i only changed one word) except for the fact that its kinda already taken.......
Old 06-27-2009, 07:17 PM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Aothane has a default reputation

I would haphazard those likely to comprise the core demographic/s will be more likely to recognise the connotations present in the game's working title. There is a robust (if somewhat smaller ?) potential category across a spectrum of (also potentially related) formats that is familiar with fantasy elements in the more established sense of the concept/s.

the best example I can give is the Mark of Chaos and Battle March series. I played the game for approximately a year, which by most accounts was not very successful. That is quite true but the reasons for the lack of success are multi-leveled, the efforts Namco went to suppress any gradual community growth are still a source of wonder. There is a massive latent community that wanted to play that game, when the early previews and supposed imminent release info became available for the Battle March expansion (prematurely) the number of new or wayward players coming in on a daily basis spiked. Probably 100-150 each month for two months or so.

but there were problems, many problems with game support e.g., the automatic patch did not work only reporting 'no new content available', therefore new players of diverse cultures and languages could not see any games. Among other enduring issues.

the point is there was always potential and a distinct latent market was already in place waiting to be tapped into, but Namco were resolute in deriding the Warhammer license and their own product until the very end.

speaking of which, even after all this time and so many flaws MoC/BM still has the final remnants of a core community that actively organised role-play themed war campaigns. The eighth will begin early next week..and once more they are attacking Elven regions.

as I said in my opening post I am looking for a new fantasy themed game to involve myself in, soon enough I will compile a few of the screenshots and media releases available to start a discussion in their forums on the potential of Dawn of Fantasy. Like myself, we all want a new realm in which to satisfy our interests.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:52 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Well, basically 2 topics have been posted about this. This ranting on and on about advertising isn't going to affect the devs no matter how much people talk about it.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Closed Thread