Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2009, 08:39 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park View Post
... In DoF, what's going to be pushing players to keep playing besides gaining land? Is there a MMORPG story/quests? Forming guilds/alliances? War between humans, orcs, etc. over land?
Yes, there are/will be quests, a story you find out playing as in all quality games and then there are the "alliances" and the battles after what you have to rebuild some parts of the castle.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Park View Post
2) What "addictive" features does DoF have like other MMORPG games?

In a MMORPG, there's a lot of respect and bragging rights involved. Nicer weapons, being part of a guild, the satisfying little level ups. In DoF, what's going to be pushing players to keep playing besides gaining land? Is there a MMORPG story/quests? Forming guilds/alliances? War between humans, orcs, etc. over land? Or are we talking more about a persistent RTS game?
Lore should be one thing i guess the most important for me beside good looking stuff and the flexibility to be part of the lore=P), and it would be nice that lore could evolve trough players on mmo (i think that this was already suggested somewhere on forums) but i think this would be almost imposible also or at least quite hard =(. Oh and hope this game wont have big addictive features like wow grinding for exaple (tho me strong can resist that =))=P.
And to nickson104: oh yea i forgot =P, than they could just put random donation if ppl would feel they should donate some + like said some advertisement of others.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:50 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
... i think that this was already suggested somewhere on forums) ...
Here I guess and made by You, Kire.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Quote:
is it possible to pause PvP?
Yes - 3 ways this can happen:
-If your on a quest (actual quest map), or inside of NPC capital city, no one can touch you.
-If someone attacks your army or a city, you may choose to decline battle and pay them off instead. After you do this you have an option to play in peace for 30 minutes.
-After you play a battle, you also have the same option to stay out of PvP for 30 minutes.

So, for passive player:
- build up your city, explore the world, fight player vs environment and dedicate yourself to completing quest storyline (but it`ll cost ya in battle wave fees to other players)

And for aggressive player
- fight as much PvP as you want (note that fighting will provide you with alot of loot, better than any turtle economy)
- harass all the players around you, get some of them to pay you off instead of fighting you.

Also on the topic of fight or pay off - players will be able to see how many victories, defeats, and pay-offs you have, so some players seeing your an expirience players will choose to pay you off, even if their army/allies are stronger. A different kind of player, seeing the large number of pay-offs, will fight you (stop the bully kinda thing). Also many players would rather form alliance with a player who likes to bully others (as the risk of their army getting involved is that much higher)
Old 06-25-2009, 12:12 PM
dof.heavengames.com Ambassador

Blatant7 is someone to look uptoBlatant7 is someone to look upto

This sounds awesome. Improving on what made other RTS and MMORPG games boring or annoying is definitely a good strategy. Keep it up.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by szebus View Post
Here I guess and made by You, Kire.
nono =P there is just sugested to make strong lore so players can use their imagination and do some sort of RP in mmo part of game, but here i meant that ppl (players) will write further lore (so all would depends on them) (not write literally by them but through their actions aka the RP imagination of my post you linked it could come to live)
(couldnt find the post where i read also this ,i guess if i understood right)

Last edited by Kire : 06-25-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

adamater has a default reputation

from what i understand you will not be able to be attacked offline, and you can choose to pay the attacker instead of fighting.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

Yes, it is true and a nice idea, this is not a browser based game, in battle you have to control you're armies.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:12 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

I'd say one of the most strongest MMORPG elements Dawn of Fantasy has is unit leveling, everything can be leveled up and upgraded including your heroes, the only difference with it from other MMORPG systems is that its not only 1 hero person that you control but rather everything and everyone in your armies. Depending on the tactics of the players, odds are there may be many battles in Mythador that resemble the movie "300" when we see a player with few very high level units, and an rushing newbie orc army with thousands of orcs...

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Visscher View Post
... Depending on the tactics ... battles in Mythador that resemble the movie "300" when we see a player with few very high level units, and an rushing newbie orc army with thousands of orcs...
Imagine some swordsman fighting an ogre and when they feel hopless, suddenly a small troop arives, to their help, having some archers and a balista lead by a mounted hero and without magic they bring down the monster, but then on the enemy side arive another troop having some magical units and the only defens of the humans are their shields and tactics.

quote from here