Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

delayed to 2010 - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2009, 05:08 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Why release it at all? The more time we give it in development, the better it will be! If we give it another 50+ years, it will be the best game ever even though none of us will ever play it since it won't be officially released!

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 06-16-2009, 06:01 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

kyama has a default reputation

Even if it's delayed till 2010. I think they should atleast give us more info. If you guys look at starcraft 2. There is so much info about that game. You know the units, buildings, gameplay, and so much more. We here don't have much to talk about. The only updates so far are screenshots. And tell you guys the truth, I don't even look at starcraft 2's screenshots, I perfer replays(1v1 mostly).
Old 06-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Generation is someone to look uptoGeneration is someone to look upto

Hopefully we don't have to do that ploxerz because i suck at that
Old 06-16-2009, 07:46 PM

The_Biz has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyama View Post
Even if it's delayed till 2010. I think they should atleast give us more info. If you guys look at starcraft 2. There is so much info about that game. You know the units, buildings, gameplay, and so much more. We here don't have much to talk about. The only updates so far are screenshots. And tell you guys the truth, I don't even look at starcraft 2's screenshots, I perfer replays(1v1 mostly).
that's because starcraft 2 isn't really a new game

blizzard's too much of a ***** to change the original game in any meaningful way
Old 06-16-2009, 08:31 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyama View Post
Well, you have to keep in mind that we are not Blizzard Entertainment. We do not have the manpower to maintain a detailed showcase of every unit with multiple videos and a page of lore about them.

We also do not have our game set in stone yet. Starcraft 2 is a sequel, they are able to show gameplay footage early on in development because many things are already set in stone from Starcraft 1.

Anyway, we are currently discussing a new type of update which I think you would enjoy, kyama.
Old 06-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Joslin View Post
a detailed showcase of every unit with a page of lore about them.
It would be nice if you do that even if you do it on release of game or little after =P i just love lores
edit: oh and i hope you will never become blizzard entertainment..... (tho i wish you bigger success but not the blizz way)

Last edited by Kire : 06-16-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: changes ... so it wasnt needed anymore
Old 06-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Once the beta is up and running I'll help populate a Dawn of Fantasy wiki with information on each unit, including any scraps of lore the devs may offer.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:08 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Lordadamar has a default reputation

Whats the point ?

Of Beta Giveaways if everyone registered on forums get beta invite?

Just curious
Old 06-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Not everyone on the forum will get a key to the closed betas, only for the open betas. The keys go to the most contributive members.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:45 PM
Elite Member

Aametherar is someone to look uptoAametherar is someone to look upto

Yeah, and it's nice to meet other fans on fansites as well. I think I actually signed up on Heavengames a LONG time ago, just can't figure out my password. Besides, where do you think all the custom maps are gonna pop up at first? :P

Anyways i'm really sick of games being delayed. In this case however its fine, why? Because they're actually being 100% straightforward with their reasons and we know it's still coming and still going to be great rather than mass delays for "We cant tell you because our NDA" reasons. So I have every confidence in this game.

Another thing that makes me hopeful is the devs clear hatred for EA which I think most of us share. Anyways I hope this company and game do great (especially since ill be playing it).

As for this comment "edit: oh and i hope you will never become blizzard entertainment..... (tho i wish you bigger success but not the blizz way)"
I hope they become as big a success too, and as awesome as blizzard used to be and stay that way instead of selling out and making games with nothing but monthly subscription or some other stupid scheme like "it's so awesome it's three games." I wont be buying those that's for sure, but i'll definitely be buying DOF!

Anyways, thanks for being awesome with the info guys!

Last edited by Aametherar : 06-22-2009 at 10:48 PM.