Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Balance? - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2009, 09:36 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Tolkein orcs are created by mutating existing races, though it remains to be seen exactly which race is used or what the process of mutation entails. Breeding isn't necessarily that important, perhaps they're asexual or are like plants, having the reproductive organs of both sexes, such that the concept of gender is not applicable to orcs. Dwarven women are also controversial and debatable.
I don't think it'll be a problem. Orcs' vulnerability to missiles and lack of decent, consistent armour might be one of their weaknesses, compensated slightly by their thicker skins. I'm sure it'll be fine. So stop worrying.
And Kire, if you didn't want people to go off-topic, what were you doing posting it in the first place? It wasn't that important in the first place.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:57 AM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Yes i know, if i were able to turn back time i wouldnt post it, but my first was not offtopic but other those who didnt read whole post made it offtopic =), or i just didnt say clearly in that topic o.O that would be also posible (tho i was quoting esport that he said and hopes that this not become an esport)
Old 06-02-2009, 11:57 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

I think now would be a good time to announce that my post about my mom forcing me to play Pac-Man was a troll, I hadn't even been born in 1983.

I hoped to get moar lulz out of it tho.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 06-02-2009, 12:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
I think now would be a good time to announce that my post about my mom forcing me to play Pac-Man was a troll, I hadn't even been born in 1983.

We are not amused.... hmmm I must find a lolcat for that line
Old 06-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Elite Member

Mrdash is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post

Lol and I thought you were serious. I loled at you enough in RL. Seriously I was cracking up...seriously.

Although I would consider someone being forced to play a game they didn't like as different from what I was talking about. Dunno why, just cause maybe lol. I found one flaw though. People who test/play games for a living will play games they don't like too much. Take EGM magazine. They play piece of crap games all the time (Drake and Josh the game?, My Little Pony? Good Lord have mercy).

To stay on topic...Just because one faction might have better armor or stronger weapons doesn't make them OP or unbalanced. Things like the weapon triangle (Like sword>axe>spear>sword or Wizard>Knight>Archer>Wizard) or sacrifices (Like has a stronger attack but weaker armor).

So orcs might be more brutal and even do more dammage, but they might have less armor or attack slower.
Old 06-02-2009, 03:32 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdash View Post
So orcs might be more brutal and even do more dammage, but they might have less armor or attack slower.
I think more like, they will hit hard and fast and kill mainly while the foes are disorganised and can regroup. They should rely more on killing the enemy before being killed themselves

Also question... are orcs effected by morale? After all... the savage beasts do not know fear... therefore morale does not apply...
Old 06-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

Well even savage beasts know fear... all living creaturess knows it so... =P, he can get morale like mother defending their children =P but in this case father tho orcs dont have female.... bdw it just pop into my mind about lotr orcs ... thy become by mutating and torturing other races, what if they did that to female, would it became female orc ?=P , i havent saw any female orcs in lotr =( or they become male with mutating or they become neutrum? I am really interested about lore of orcs here in this game cuz its mystified and if they dont want to repeat lotr or warcraft or anything they need their own =P. (female orc =troll, male =orc ?=P)
Old 06-02-2009, 07:57 PM
Elite Member

Mrdash is someone to trust

If it was so then Females would e so totaly more ownage than the males. XD