Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Balance? - Page 3 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

True but balance is also achieved by skill level. The good thing is is that in the beta when multiplayer opens up, we will be able to spot these weak spots and correct them.

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 05-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Elite Member

Kire has a spectacular aura aboutKire has a spectacular aura about

My only worries are that they will make magic users (not the one that stealth in) and archers too weak =P, those huuuuge orcs/trolls still seems to be scary and do pew here pew there and whole elf army gone =P.
Old 05-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kire View Post
My only worries are that they will make magic users (not the one that stealth in) and archers too weak =P, those huuuuge orcs/trolls still seems to be scary and do pew here pew there and whole elf army gone =P.
I wouldnt worry about that overly much, the elves still boast the strongest archers just not 'overly' so... and also from past topics I remember that mages would have only minor spells and those which could turn the tide of battle were rare...
Old 05-30-2009, 03:59 PM
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickson104 View Post
I wouldnt worry about that overly much, the elves still boast the strongest archers just not 'overly' so... and also from past topics I remember that mages would have only minor spells and those which could turn the tide of battle were rare...
I wasnt referring to ones that turns the tide of battle (i dont like those =P), but mage with firebolt + some minor extra would say (like kills fat orc in one shot......no just joking =P).
Old 05-30-2009, 05:16 PM
Elite Member

Mrdash is someone to trust

Quote:
And nickson104 if ppl play games all the time, that is not only because they like the game.

And about the balance ... balance can never be 100% done and that is fact/rule except in perfect environment (where you have identical shape of land, buildings and soldiers...) . Only orcs seems to be ridiculous overpowered on pictures =P (omg the sizeeeee =O).
1.) I only play a game if I like it. Why would you play a game if you didn't like it? I can maybe see someone playing a game they don't like with a friend that likes it. Otherwise thats the exact reason people play games...THEY LIKE IT! its fun, they connect to it in some way, etc, etc.

2.) Of course balance is never perfect. Also size and shape has not a single thing to do with balance. Only stats. So if I was to see a Child and a Giant should I think the Giant is the stronger? I go and knife the Giant with my Ninja skillz, then turn around and, uh oh the child has a Thermal Detonator in my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyama View Post
It's funny, how many people seem to know game is balanced. And I looked all over this site to just see one unit. How do you guys know it's balanced when you don't know units. Unless, I'm missing something. Where can I get more info on units, and buildings?
And is there a replay of a 1v1 matchup between devs out that I can observe?
Its cause as you can see many of us have been here for a while. And we have the collected knowledge (Memories) of different chats that have gone on. Not everything is done under that type of Thread Topic like said above.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:23 AM
Elite Member

Damn you ppl you took my orc jokes literary =P, and you missed the point at 1., tho life is not so simple =) and you missed the point of playing all the time and not just playing it.
I dont say ppl shouldnt play games or anything like this, my point is that all time (aka hunger for game) or close to this playing games shouldnt be supported and that is point of my first post if you ppl would read it actually and not just complaining that you are not the tipe that says there, you have life blabla......
I just did a general conclusion of behaviour of the "hardcoregamer" and did not say any of you or anyone here is. I wanted just a start to prove the point of those paragraph lower. And i did that to point out esport and with it some other and similar stuff too. So if you make any more post about that please read the whole paragraph because your posts are wrong and pointless crying about something that i havent said.
And it is polite if you are qouting or referring to tha that you at least read whole thing. (sorry i just needed to clear things up not trolling/spam a post so this is my last post about it)

Last edited by Kire : 06-01-2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: to make things more clear
Old 05-31-2009, 07:37 AM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Damn you ppl you took my orc jokes literary =P, and you missed the point at 1., tho life is not so simple =) and you missed the point of playing all the time and not just playing it. I dont say ppl shouldnt play games or anything like this, my point is that no life or close to this playing games shouldnt be supported and that is point of my first post if you ppl would read it actually and not just complaining that you are not the tipe that says there, you have life blabla...... I just did a general conclusion of behaviour of the "hardcoregamer" and did not say any of you or anyone here is. I wanted just a start to prove the point of those paragraph lower. And i did that to point out esport and with it some other and similar stuff too. So if you make any more post about that please read the whole paragraph because your posts are wrong and pointless crying about something that i havent said. And it is polite if you are qouting or referring to tha that you at least read whole thing. (sorry i just needed to clear things up not trolling/spam a post so this is my last post about it)
be careful round here bro
Old 05-31-2009, 10:02 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Writing coherently might help.
We all know that this game is incredibly unbalanced. Admins/Devs will have far too much power...
Old 05-31-2009, 11:22 AM
dof.heavengames.com Ambassador

Blatant7 is someone to look uptoBlatant7 is someone to look upto

From looking at the trailers and info, I'm pretty confident this game will be balanced. Every faction will most likely have advantages and disadvantages relating to the kind of creature they are. For example elves would have strong archers but weak cavalry, or orcs would have weak infantry but other strong units.

Plus, one of the reasons they're running a beta is to sort out balance problems. So I'm not worried.

Edit: Sorry, other people have basically said the exact same thing I'm saying.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:30 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrdash View Post
I only play a game if I like it.
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. What's next, "I only drink water if it's clean."? Pfff, new kids.

In my time when all you knew about a game before buying was what you read on a box or had heard from other people, if the game turned out be "not so great" we were still expected to play it rather than let it, and the money spent on it, "go to waste".

Just like if you buy a whole pack of ice cream and don't quite like the flavor you would still eat it, you wouldn't just throw all that ice cream away. It was the same with games.

Back in 1982 my parents bought me an original Namco's "Pac-Man". I hated it, I found the gameplay stressful and frustrating (constantly on the run from the ghosts) and the 'wakka, wakka' sound gave me headaches. Nevertheless my mom made me finish 5 levels each day during summer brake because "They had bought me the damn thing and I was gonna damn well play it". It was the worst holiday season ever but it taught me about values and discipline.

The spoiled kids today get everything handed to them on a silver platter plus they get to be picky about what's on the said platter. It's a disgrace.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*