Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Will Reverie be at E3? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation
Default Will Reverie be at E3?

Just wondering, will Reverie be at E3 next week?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:22 PM
Elite Member

SvN is someone to look uptoSvN is someone to look upto

what's e3?
Old 05-28-2009, 02:31 PM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

The E3 or Electronic Entertainment Expo is an annual trade show for the computer and video games industry. It is used by many video game developers to show off their upcoming games and game-related hardware.

You will be abel to see more of it on Gamespot.

As myself, not anyone can go to LA as he wishes .
Old 05-28-2009, 02:48 PM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Just wondering, will Reverie be at E3 next week?
I'm pretty sure no....let them at least release the game first
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:19 PM

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

E3 is for unreleased games, mate. It's about marketing and building anticipation, not to actually sell anything.
A lot of times studios set up booths and computers and allow people to play the beta even before the closed beta is sent out and they often handout beta keys and merchandise.

It's usually for the bigger, wealthier teams, but I remember hearing that Konstantin went to E3 or some other convention a while back for DoF, was wondering if he was going to this one.

Leipzig would be another good convention to go to. I believe the Lead Designer lives in Germany and they have a HUGE market for RTS games.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

We`ll be going to Leipzig, but skipping E3 this year.

The last good E3 was 2006. After they imposed the budget limitations in 2007, show just wasn`t the same. After 2007 expireince I won`t go anymore until they bring back the old format. E3 is especially bad for PC market now.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
E3 is for unreleased games, mate. It's about marketing and building anticipation, not to actually sell anything.
A lot of times studios set up booths and computers and allow people to play the beta even before the closed beta is sent out and they often handout beta keys and merchandise.

It's usually for the bigger, wealthier teams, but I remember hearing that Konstantin went to E3 or some other convention a while back for DoF, was wondering if he was going to this one.

Leipzig would be another good convention to go to. I believe the Lead Designer lives in Germany and they have a HUGE market for RTS games.
I mean they dont have the budget to go to E3.

And what's wrong with E3 now Konstantin? I'm not sure what you mean.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:07 PM

Ah, nice to know you'll be at Leipzig.

Quote:
The last good E3 was 2006. After they imposed the budget limitations in 2007, show just wasn`t the same. After 2007 expireince I won`t go anymore until they bring back the old format. E3 is especially bad for PC market now.
Yup, it has gone really down hill. They're making efforts to restore it at least... they brought back the booth babes.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:17 PM

Haha, that they definately did.
But wait, can someone explain to me what exactly made it go downhill? I'm a little lost here.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:24 PM

They just turned it upside down. It used to be a great big convention with thousands and gamers and booths for just about any studio you could imagine. In 2007 and 2008, they turned it into a business convention where only the industry was invited. It had very little media coverage and was meant to be just a low-key summit. For the fans, they set up the E 4 All expo which was pretty much the traditional E3. But very few people knew what this was and it was never as popular as the old E3.

*Most* of that is behind us now.