Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Terrain & accurancy - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2007, 04:17 PM

SPARROW94 is disliked by many
Default Terrain & accurancy

Well i was just playing some C&C3 with my friends and i came up with an idea. If this game is so realistic then why not make the archers realistic. let me get to the point say if i had some goblin archers on a tall hill that would mean my archers vision and range would increase but my accuracy would fall. or in a different situiation my goblin archers have vision on the enemy and there little far so i decide to push my luck and grab there attention by shooting far away (then that would mean my accuracy is very low so it a low prabability i would hit them). For smarter players it would be there intetions to get as close as possible with out getting noticed so their accuracy would be high enough to get some kills.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:11 PM
Human Sect:
Knight

jap88 has a default reputation

Umm, the terrain itself has little to do with accuracy, unless, of course, firing over something. It has much more to do with sight-line, weather conditions, time of day, distance, and obviously the skill of those wielding the bow. Standing up on a hill will actually give me greater accuracy at the same range as if that place were just flat, not less.
Old 08-23-2007, 05:24 PM

umm yeah i kinda thinking about that if the archer had more accuracy on a hill or not but if hes up more i thought it would have less. and also like other mediveil games the archers always had durict hit like bfme2 but this game should be like a volly and watch the arrows fly to the enemy and see if it hit them or not NOW THATS KEWL
Old 08-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARROW94 View Post
umm yeah i kinda thinking about that if the archer had more accuracy on a hill or not but if hes up more i thought it would have less. and also like other mediveil games the archers always had durict hit like bfme2 but this game should be like a volly and watch the arrows fly to the enemy and see if it hit them or not NOW THATS KEWL
Reverie originally planed to add a small part of this into DOF and I'd agree with jap on the accuracy. Watch the Helm's Deep scene in TTT and look how many guys Rohan shot down when they where in the Keep. Pwned!

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 08-24-2007, 04:59 AM

yeah now i wanna wait for konstatin or ryan to comment on this!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Well accuracy for ranged units does have quite a few variables.

Line of sight -we've already mentioned- will affect not only fog of war, but also accuracy of ranged units.

Light/Darkness as mentioned in spells will have an effect on accuracy, not only spell-created by regular in general. Weather will also effect this.

Units will have a paticular set accuracy depending on the unit, dumb little goblins are going to have lower accuracy than most. Experience will give the unit a higher accuracy, as well as certain tech upgrades.

Range will have an effect, however I don't believe we've decided on if it's going to be a standard "closer is better" system, or a too far/too close system like the Hunter class in World of Warcraft. Where you'll get a better accuracy if your target is neither too far nor too close to the archer.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:53 AM

So it not going to be like mirkwood archers in BFME2 where they always have a direct hit...THIS GAME IS THE BEST
Old 08-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quote:
So it not going to be like mirkwood archers in BFME2 where they always have a direct hit...THIS GAME IS THE BEST
Lol I pwned with Mirkwood Archers. And yes this game is going to be good.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:56 AM

Lol Witch King Any Body Can Pown With Mirkwood Archers
Old 08-24-2007, 09:57 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Quote:
Lol Witch King Any Body Can Pown With Mirkwood Archers
But me especially. I got them really fast with Silverthorne Arrows.