Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

DoFSource.com brings you new exclusive shots - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2009, 11:26 AM
Reverie Moderator - dofsource.com Ambassador

LiTos456 has a spectacular aura aboutLiTos456 has a spectacular aura about

Alright. As you can see I listen to your suggestions so now you can view the shots without registering.
Happy?
And I do have a watermark, on the new 3 ones. I can't edit the older ones because they already got views/comments etc. But thats okay.
I've also revised the first post.
Jesus, no need to bash! I'm not that stubborn.
Don't bump old threads, don't spam, be nice and enjoy your stay.

Last edited by LiTos456 : 05-17-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Elven Sect:
Bladestorm

Ovocean has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
PS: I cannot believe this thread ended up being an argument. On nearly every forum, there's always one person who would jack a thread just to flame on or hate on the creator of it. So 1-1, we're even, because that seems unreasonable. You jack my thread, and I make you register to see shots. Viola.
Well, if you want. I think I've already registered by curiosity when you advertised the first batch of exclusive screenshots. That's a good thing that it doesn't need e-mail verification !
For the rest, I tried to be reasonable (I failed sometimes), I expressed my opinion on your post and your website because it looks like it could become one of the main community website for DoF in the future, and I would like to encourage it to follow the way that will be most profitable to all.
I've lurked around a few modding communities, and it often happened that they were scattered among multiple websites, mainly because the webmasters of these websites just wanted to create their own and sometimes because they had a different approach on how to creat/maintain a website and a forum, etc. In the end, all these websites had the same basic features and it just scattered the players, the modders and the stuff they shared. Because most players and modders just wan't to share their creations and passion for the game and don't care about who's managing the site or moderating the forum.

I hope for the DoF community that only one community website will eventually emerge.
I hope that this website is managed in a democratic way.
My point is exposed and I - don't promise that I - won't argue more on details.

Quote:
Alright. As you can see I listen to your suggestions so now you can view the shots without registering.
That's cool! Well done and fast!

Last edited by Ovocean : 05-17-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:37 PM

See, I told you. You give me good reasons, show me a good argument and if you win, I'll of course agree with it.
Now let's make peace or my orcs will eat you.
Thanks for the appreciation for the site though. It's also my goal to become the major community site for DoF.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:53 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Quote:
I apologize that forcing members to register to see the exclusive shots is unreasonable
This is the one thing I abject to. You have a nice site, and are bound to attract plenty of members when, but I believe that no fan-site should receive exclusive content. It creates divisions of information, and pockets of esoteric communities. Devs should spread keep a central bank of all their screenshots, and let communities pick and choose their favourites.
Freedom of information and all that jazz. Without it, who'd have known about all the MPs' expenses?
Old 05-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neotyguy40 has a default reputation

Quote:
Now let's make peace or my orcs will eat you.
Wait... I thought you were part of the elf sect...

Quote:
It's also my goal to become the major community site for DoF.
No fansite is ever 'the' major community site for almost any game. Sure, there's major community sites, just like yours, but before you know it, many others will spring up and it will most likely not matter to anyone, for the official site always is 'the' major community site.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:45 PM

God, you people are so difficult.
Alright, all I'm trying to do is make a web tool that would be useful for some people like you guys, and whoever plays this game. I'm not trying to make money from it, I'm not trying to force people into it (although I do wish this website becomes known) and at this point I'm just glad this website is the first of it's kind, so hopefully I could get a head start. Yes, games have communities that aren't "major" but "most popular". I want to create a community like that.
I don't see what the problem with that is. I'm aiming to create a well known, useful and effective website, and I hope to make it large and popular among Dawn of Fantasy players. Why does this have to be criticized?

Last edited by LiTos456 : 05-17-2009 at 04:58 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tech Lead & Media Team Lead

Danny Vink has a default reputation

That's enough

LiTos is releasing some exclusive shots on his own website. If he wants people to register, thats his business. If it seems like a marketing ploy, thats up to you do decide. If you take the time to write the post criticizing it, you may as well register on his site and check out the screens anyway. His goal is to become a major community website for Dawn of Fantasy. Theres no harm in that. If it was pointless to make a major community site, there wouldn't be places such as FileFront, RTS Community, and the like. So, enjoy the shots, or don't, but lets stop this pointless arguing regardless

~Reverie World Studios
Old 05-17-2009, 08:06 PM

Feweh has fair reputation

The website is so cluttered , it makes me want to tear my eyes out.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:54 PM

What do you mean by cluttered? Too much stuff?
Old 05-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director

Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
This is the one thing I abject to. You have a nice site, and are bound to attract plenty of members when, but I believe that no fan-site should receive exclusive content. It creates divisions of information, and pockets of esoteric communities. Devs should spread keep a central bank of all their screenshots, and let communities pick and choose their favourites.
Freedom of information and all that jazz. Without it, who'd have known about all the MPs' expenses?
RTS Community also got a set of exclusive screens quite awhile ago. Not only is it to promote the community site we give them to, it's also so that people from that community site will come visit us here and it's been a success from RTSC as we've gotten quite a few forum members from there. They've also all have been very helpful to us with their input and mature behavior so it's something I think we'll be continuing in the future.

Exclusives in general help us quite a bit, if a media source gets an "exclusive" set of screens, video, interview, etc. we get a larger part of their marketing because they spend time and sometimes money marketing the exclusive. It can work very much to our advantage in terms of getting advertising for DoF. Call it selling out if you will, but I'd gladly be called a sell out if it means more gamers for you guys to play with, and more funding for our future projects for you to enjoy.