Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Be a mercenary! - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Kell Aset has a default reputation

Interesting details, I'm curious is this all is exclusively a merc alliance or general type alliance for all? and is there possibility to ally with someone without tribute?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Elite Member

Grizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputationGrizzlez has very good reputation

I'm liking the idea, will definatelt set this game apart from the other RTS out there. Personally i'd prefer to be a city guy paying mercs, but im sure if someone offered enough i'd help them out

Old 04-01-2009, 04:19 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
[b]Now some unconfirmed stuff which we hope to include:
-We hope to include a sort of alliance market - where mercenaries and contractors would put their bids.

-We are hoping to implement Regional guilds of mercenaries, for example 30 mercenary players create a guild, and homecity owners in Rollingplain region would recruit their services - this way they only need to make 1 deal, instead of 30.

-Have a Ebay sort of honour system for each player, so if player breaks his alliance alot, and often doesn`t fight PvP when chalaenged, he`ll be John Doe the Unreliable Coward, or other way around John Joe the Trustworthy Warmonger

Nice, hopefully you do implement this, however a well produced finished game is better than one with cool ideas and features but unfinished and requires many patches to fix
Old 04-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

Nimlot has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
In another thread the use of mercenaries was discussed, and as i already posted there; why not take it a step further and offer yourself and your army (maybe a small, limited army) as mercenary and let people hire you to help take down a fortress?

This is exactly our goal with alliance between players.

To be more specific alliance system works not between player but entities, lets look at alliance between player 1s army (mercenary), and Player 2s city (contractor).

For example, Player 1 makes alliance for his Army # 2, to defend player 2s Homecity in Rollingplain region.

Under this alliance, if player 2s homecity is attacked, if Player 1 is online, and his army is not already engaged and he/she chooses to honour the alliance, his/her army would arrive in the middle of the siege to relieve Player 2.

Also, for this allance to hold true following terms will apply:
-player 1s army will not be able to leave Rollingplain
region.
-Player 1s army can not be garrisoned in his homecity or for a period of 30 minutes have fewer than 400 units.

When this alliance is created, player 2 will pay Player 1 a certain sum of money, as a regular tribute or a one time payment, or offer his army in assistance.

This alliance would have a duration in real-time days - lets say 5 days. Breaking alliance obligations comes with a penalty.

We want to encourage alliances as much as possible - and player`s homecity should have good dozen of allied armies in the region from various players - to make sure that once the battle starts someone would be there to bail you out.

Now some unconfirmed stuff which we hope to include:
-We hope to include a sort of alliance market - where mercenaries and contractors would put their bids.

-We are hoping to implement Regional guilds of mercenaries, for example 30 mercenary players create a guild, and homecity owners in Rollingplain region would recruit their services - this way they only need to make 1 deal, instead of 30.

-Have a Ebay sort of honour system for each player, so if player breaks his alliance alot, and often doesn`t fight PvP when chalaenged, he`ll be John Doe the Unreliable Coward, or other way around John Joe the Trustworthy Warmonger
Wow!!!
Very interesting indeed

This is exactly what i hoped for, if not more!! Im even more thrilled about the game now. Thanks alot for that answer.

If this happens it will be awesome to be a mercenary!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:01 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiTos456 View Post
Wow, this inspires me. Thanks for the info Konstantin!
Now I'm thinking of an epic battle where you fight and you are waiting for your ally to come but then they get stuck and you're all WHERE ARE YOU!! And at the last moment they come and you win and everyone is happy
then a unknown entity attacks with 700+ elite units seasoned from taking 300+ cities
Old 04-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Banned Acount Serfing

MrBlack103 has no reputation

Then everyone's allies join in the fun and the battle of all time starts.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

... and then the Admins show up, completely uninvited. You're screwed now.
Old 04-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
... and then the Admins show up, completely uninvited. You're screwed now.
bwahahahaha owned by the power of the banhammer!!!! it may not be turned all the way up to full power but it is still enough to invoke fear into all who oppose it!!!