Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Unseen University - DoF Guild - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2009, 08:34 AM

Ginko has a default reputation
Default Unseen University - DoF Guild

Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

Greetings fellow DoF fans, we are (well technically at the moment only I am) the clan/guild Unseen University, a clan purely for enjoyment, fun, but also for serious competitive gaming (which is tons of fun really). We (again, I) pride ourselves as being one of the few truly innovative clans out there. Established for the game Dawn of Fantasy, our aim is to be the top clan, both in influence and skill. We believe that clans should be formed around a strong community, where we respect one and another, know one and another, even engage in a little role playing. On the other hand we have no respect for our enemies. We will anhilate them, take advantage of their women no matter what race they are, enslave their children, burn and loot their village, create weapons of their bones. If you don't want the above to happen to YOU, join us today, and dominate the battlefield with us!

Clan Structure:

The clan will have a rather different structure than most clans, and it might seem complicated, which is not the case. The clan is divided into two layers: The Guilds and the Unseen University.

The Guilds:
Once you join our fair clan you may choose from the existing guilds to join, or create your own (you will have to post a guild application though, the guidelines will be posted on the clan forum). You start of as an apprentice (or the 1st guild master if you are the founder), and work your way up to the top. Each guild will be specialized in something, which will often require its memberes to do extra works besides fighting the game.

The Unseen University:
The UU is the governing body of the clan. You may apply for a seat anytime, but you might not always get accepted. The UU members will manage the clan, Each members has 1 voting point, except the Archchancellor who has 2. The seats are:
Bursar: supervises clans finances
Lecturer of Recent Runes: supervises member training
Senior of Wangler: supervises the forum (i.e. forum moderation)
The Librarian: supervises clan records/statistics
Professor of Applied Anthropics: supervises online behaviour
Reader in Invisible Writings: supervises diplomacy
Archchancellor: supervises the UU

Heroes:
If you do not earn a seat in the UU, and you are tired of having no power at all, you may try to become a Hero. For that you have to be a guild master at least 4 times, in 4 different guilds, then you must pass a test assigned to you directly by the Patrician. If you pass the test, you become a Hero, and you may enter the UU as an advisor and have 2 voting points. Heroes will also be rewarded with various other gifts. (for now its secret)

The Patrician:
The patrician is the leader of the clan. He has 3 voting points. In reality he is a tyrant, he has control over the guilds and the UU. In small issues that don't require the entire UU to vote he alone will decide what to do. No one is to question him, well only if you don't mind getting cyber bullied. :P

Clan Oath:
comming soon

Clan Anthem:
comming soon

Yes, so basically this is my clan idea. I will be finishing the forum by tomorrow, so if anyone is interested plz plz plz let me know, and post ur feedback, thanks!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:21 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

I love your logo!
Old 03-24-2009, 12:54 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

Moi aussi!
Old 03-24-2009, 01:16 PM
Reverie World Studios - QA Tester, Public Relations, Level Designer

Bryan Oakley has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginko View Post
Heroes:
If you do not earn a seat in the UU, and you are tired of having no power at all, you may try to become a Hero. For that you have to be a guild master at least 4 times, in 4 different guilds
Guild master 4 different times for 4 different guilds? This whole thing is a really epic idea but this part doesn't make any sense to me....
"I think a man only needs one thing in life. He just needs someone to love. If you can't give him that, then give him something to hope for. And if you can't give him that, just give him something to do." ~Liddle
Old 03-24-2009, 05:16 PM

Ginko has a default reputation

"Guild master 4 different times for 4 different guilds? This whole thing is a really epic idea but this part doesn't make any sense to me...."

I forgot to mention that you can be a guild master for only a certain period of time. This is to keep the cycle going, so that no one will get stuck being an apprentice for the rest of his life. So that way to you can hold a guil master office for 4 times. This does sound crazy, but the rewards you get once u accomplish it is even more crazier... so it ill be worth it. :P

Starting a guild is never too early. Its a very long process to get to know one and another once there are a few members... honestly I wihs i could have started much earlier.
Old 03-24-2009, 05:44 PM

fyro11 has a default reputation

Interesting. It will also be interesting to see what other guilds will come about...
Old 03-24-2009, 07:38 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

A for effort, but in my experiences most guilds/clans are held together by an unwritten code of conduct. If people aren't willing respect the way the group operates, it won't matter whether those rules are written down or not.

The last time I was a part of any clan or guild was in Guild Wars. Our guild leader was an authoritarian jackass who kicked my brother (we shared an account) out of the guild for a really arbitrary reason. We had lots of friends in the guild who quit right away. In fact, every decent healer in the guild quit on the spot. The guild fell apart shortly afterwards. The guild leader never had the control he thought he did. The moment he stepped out of line and broke the accepted rules of conduct, the whole structure fell apart on him.

My recommendation for anyone seeking to form a guild or clan is simple: affiliate with people you trust. A solid guild isn't built on rules, but friendship and mutual respect. You don't need rules or offices or complicated protocol if you have those things.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:50 PM
Elite Member

Esculas the Mighty is someone to look uptoEsculas the Mighty is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
A for effort, but in my experiences most guilds/clans are held together by an unwritten code of conduct. If people aren't willing respect the way the group operates, it won't matter whether those rules are written down or not.

The last time I was a part of any clan or guild was in Guild Wars. Our guild leader was an authoritarian jackass who kicked my brother (we shared an account) out of the guild for a really arbitrary reason. We had lots of friends in the guild who quit right away. In fact, every decent healer in the guild quit on the spot. The guild fell apart shortly afterwards. The guild leader never had the control he thought he did. The moment he stepped out of line and broke the accepted rules of conduct, the whole structure fell apart on him.

My recommendation for anyone seeking to form a guild or clan is simple: affiliate with people you trust. A solid guild isn't built on rules, but friendship and mutual respect. You don't need rules or offices or complicated protocol if you have those things.
true but dont be too friendly a leader of they will think your not commanding enough and would want to elect someone else as leader haha
Old 03-24-2009, 08:03 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Personally, I just like to play with friends or alone. Fight the power!!!!

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 03-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

Kell Aset has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
Very true, in GW I was an officer in great guild there; Devilious Fun Clan, we were so numerous that we had 3 guilds made of our own members. It was international guild with ppl from France, Belgium, Finland, Britain etc. etc. many good friends indeed and as for leader, well she was very nice her boyfriend was there with us too. People were helping each other with quests, resources, money, items, everything, we had even inside guild events.
But unpleasant event once took place when one member stole everything from our guilds vault, it was quite early but then everyone had access to it. Sadly after some time of my absence I came back to see that such great guild was no more. I couldn't get much info from everyone why, it was some quarrel but well it was irrelevant, then GW was not so fun anymore at least not like it used to be. Really I still can't believe that happened .