Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Online part of the game - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador

Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice

Now why would you ban someone for that? You know it does happen legitimately from time to time, and there's no reason to penalize the player any further than giving him a loss.
Old 02-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Time to step in and clear things up.
You`ll only be fighting opponents with assets equal to yours + all other allies involved. So EVERY time someone attacks you or you attack someone -it`ll be a fair battle (I can`t get into details on how all of this works out, but we guarantee that you`ll be able to start Player vs Player fast, and it`ll always be a fair match)
With above said - if you are getting attacked, your odds of winning are from 60-40 to 40-60.

But if you have to leave to work soon or your wife is calling you to take out the recycling or you just don`t want to playe PvP right now – maybe you were about to start on a quest - in that case you`ll just pay off your attacker a large sum of money - depending on quite a few factors, and you`ll gain attack immunity from this and other players for quite a while.
In case the battle has already started, and you have to go in the middle of it, depending on how bad things are looking for you, you can also pay your way out - but it`ll cost you more.

Also, the way this is balanced is that once you are badly loosing it`ll be cheaper for you to stay and let other payer enjoy his victory and burning your town.
However, losing a battle is not as bad as it sounds – sure you units are dead, and you have to repair you town if that was your town under attack, or your army was returning home with tons of loot which is now lost – BUT - you`ll be rewarded with increased influence for displaying honour and fighting till the better end. Influence resource plays the key role in our MMORTS – and the only 3 ways to gain in the order of efficiency 1) buy it for real currency, 2) loose pvp battle 3) honour your alliances 4) win pvp battle.

Bottom line – Dawn of Fantasy MMORTS is a brutal place, you`ll have to fight with other players a lot, You`ll need to constantly watch your back – conclude numerous alliances with players around your city to come to your aid if your attacked, visit enemy realms with allied armies to back you up, keep a good amount of gold to pay off if someone attacks you – but that`s just how life is in Mythador in the middle of a realm wide war...you won` be waiting for a wild boar to spawn every 2 minutes so you could kill it and gain +5 XP, you`ll be leading your thousand strong army to a bloody siege – that`s the core of DoF MMORTS gameplay and the kind of grinding which awaits you.

Last edited by Konstantin Fomenko : 02-10-2009 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 PM

The_Biz has a default reputation

that's hardly grinding

sound fun
Old 02-11-2009, 11:26 AM
Reverie Super Moderator

Puppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nicePuppeteer is just really nice

I would never say ban for those who disconnect. I know that my parents are prone to turning off the television or the downstairs computer... in which case my connection is lost immediately. It's very unfair to be penalised for that. Though I acknowledge it's an issue that most likely can't be resolved properly.
Old 02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppeteer View Post
I would never say ban for those who disconnect. I know that my parents are prone to turning off the television or the downstairs computer... in which case my connection is lost immediately. It's very unfair to be penalised for that. Though I acknowledge it's an issue that most likely can't be resolved properly.

Would not be a ban, just become defeated and possibly Tributes of resources to the enemies to stop the battle.

anyways, think about this also: Players who do not want to fight might want to just pay up, but really this will delay their kingdom's progression, fighting has its rewards, you must take into account 2 things, your army after a battle is more experienced in fighting, stronger then lower ranked units, and the corpse looting, if you defeat your attacking enemy you are able to loot the dead which gives you a large reward rather then just giving him a large sum of resources.

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 02-11-2009 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Reverie Super Moderator

The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation

Quick questison which I forgot the answer to. There will be regular non-MMO gameplay right like 1vs1?

Thanks

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Old 02-11-2009, 04:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

The game modes are:
- Campaign (a game of its own, really. This thing is huge-mongous, and has almost no build&destroy, unlike most RTS campaigns where there is more build&destroy than not)
- Single player skirmish
- Multiplayer skirmish ( the normal RTS multiplayer )
- MMORTS (you could say this has some sub-modes too: Army PvP, city PvP, quests, and a few other things (I'm not sure about alliance[guild] warfare yet))
Old 02-12-2009, 12:23 AM
Banned Acount Serfing

MrBlack103 has no reputation

Will there be MMO missions that involve battles in or around Non-player cities? It could be cool to have a mission to support the capital of the human empire or something.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 AM
Reverie Moderator

Jean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura aboutJean=A=Luc has a spectacular aura about

Why wouldn't there be? I think we even got a screenshot or at least a mention of such a type of mission.
The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth, whether it's scientific truth or historical truth or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based! *Jean-Luc Picard*
Old 02-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Scripter

Andy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really niceAndy Joslin is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack103 View Post
Will there be MMO missions that involve battles in or around Non-player cities? It could be cool to have a mission to support the capital of the human empire or something.
Attacking and defending non-player cities.

Example:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
This is one of the mid-game human quests.
You travel to a capital city of Dagbor, go into the keep, to talk to the King and his advisors, get another hero there to join you. Next you travel to the Orcish region, fight with some Orcs there who ambush, run-away and force you to chase them. After you get information from captured Orc captain, you set-up a camp on the world map, recruit mercenaries - with some funds you just acquired. Next you travel to the Orcish capital city of Makkada, set the forest near the city on fire, break into the city while Orcs try to put out the fire, rush to free imprisoned wizard, after you free him - u fight your way out of the city with Orcs chasing you. You escape and travel back to Dagbor, after that a shipment of stuff will arrive to you Homecity several minutes later - your reward.

Last edited by Andy Joslin : 02-12-2009 at 07:32 AM.