Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Guild Capitals? - Page 5 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2009, 11:45 AM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack103 View Post
IMO that should correspond to the amount of members in the guild. It should be large enough to garrison about 100 soldiers from each player in the guild, in case they were making a final stand against a more powerful guild or something.
Then each of the players could contribute his most experienced soldiers.... Possibly their trademark? He spams archers... let him take the walls and defend...
Old 01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Banned Acount Serfing

MrBlack103 has no reputation

That's unfair though because unless the attacking force has hundreds of siege towers etc, the "archer" players are gonna be pretty much safe. Although, it's practical because each player only has to concentrate on ONE task. I've got to stop contradicting myself
Old 01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
Orc Sect:
Hordemaster

nickson104 is someone to look uptonickson104 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlack103 View Post
That's unfair though because unless the attacking force has hundreds of siege towers etc, the "archer" players are gonna be pretty much safe. Although, it's practical because each player only has to concentrate on ONE task. I've got to stop contradicting myself
Not really.... If it is a guild capital... their gonna be attacked by a rival guild meaning many armies... meaning PLENTY of artillery and i dont fancy my chances against that many ballistae do you? So while the archers are being impaled with oversized arrows the footmen are cosily waiting behind the walls...
Old 02-06-2009, 09:10 AM

Ben Gray has a default reputation

That would be pretty cool (Y)
Old 02-07-2009, 10:22 AM
Human Sect:
Swordsman

Lordadamar has a default reputation

Guilds sound cool BUT:

In most current MMO's theres no real benefit to players and guilds except social hour, I find I spend as much time hanging out with none guildies as guildmates.

Seeing that this is Actually an RTS not a RPG will there an economical / population impact on my kingdom being apart of a Guild?

I assume population growth is an AI function controlled by how well you manage a kingdom!!

And if theres an impact on economical / population:

1. will you find your population leaving to live in the so called capital

2. will economical effects have both negative and positive effects on you, or will AI in the game only favor progression..

Personally I favor the Alliance / Trade model, it doesnt tie you to any one Capital and through Alliance and trade you build strength and wealth

If the only real benefit in this game for guilds is to amass a huge army, you could do the same through the A / T model .

Last edited by Lordadamar : 02-07-2009 at 10:26 AM.