Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

map editor - Page 2 - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 08-08-2007, 08:28 AM
The Witch King of Angmar's Avatar
The Witch King of Angmar The Witch King of Angmar is offline
Reverie Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minas Morgul, Middle-Earth
Posts: 1,809
The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jap88 View Post
Would the editor be a seperate program from the actual game? That way Xbox 360 players could get the map editor on their comps and make maps without having to buy the full game on both the 360 and PC.
No I think the editor is in with the game.
__________________
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey..."

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-08-2007, 08:33 AM
Ryan Zelazny's Avatar
Ryan Zelazny Ryan Zelazny is offline
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 352
Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation
Default

The editor and the game are separate programs. We haven't decided if we will couple a PC editor disc with the Xbox 360 version or not. The Editor has the same hardware requirements as the game, so I don't know if it would be a worthwhile thing to do, as most people buying it for the 360 might not have the computer to run it anyway.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-08-2007, 01:29 PM
The Witch King of Angmar's Avatar
The Witch King of Angmar The Witch King of Angmar is offline
Reverie Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minas Morgul, Middle-Earth
Posts: 1,809
The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny View Post
The editor and the game are separate programs. We haven't decided if we will couple a PC editor disc with the Xbox 360 version or not. The Editor has the same hardware requirements as the game, so I don't know if it would be a worthwhile thing to do, as most people buying it for the 360 might not have the computer to run it anyway.
Yeah good point. Is there a way you could incorporate the editor into the game? And also would the editor disc come with the game or would you have to purchase this seperatly?

Thanks
__________________
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey..."

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Silent_Lamb Silent_Lamb is offline
Orc Sect:
Marauder
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: California (currently)
Posts: 67
Silent_Lamb has a default reputation
Default

Editors are usually free. I think if they were going to do it they'd let you download it off of xbox live marketplace.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Ryan Zelazny's Avatar
Ryan Zelazny Ryan Zelazny is offline
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 352
Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation
Default

Editor will come for free with the PC version. We might allow a Download of the Editor for Xbox 360 owners if they provide a serial # or CD-Key, that could work.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-08-2007, 08:42 PM
jap88 jap88 is offline
Human Sect:
Knight
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 228
jap88 has a default reputation
Default

So i'd assume that such a serial number would come on the manual or something like that in the 360 version to allow for that Download?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Ryan Zelazny's Avatar
Ryan Zelazny Ryan Zelazny is offline
Reverie World Studios - Advertising Art Director
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 352
Ryan Zelazny has a default reputation
Default

Perhaps, we'll have more answers closer to the release.

The editor will stay a separate program Witch King.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-09-2007, 12:20 PM
The Witch King of Angmar's Avatar
The Witch King of Angmar The Witch King of Angmar is offline
Reverie Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minas Morgul, Middle-Earth
Posts: 1,809
The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Zelazny View Post
Perhaps, we'll have more answers closer to the release.

The editor will stay a separate program Witch King.
Ok. At least I won't have to pay for it.
__________________
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey..."

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Darvin's Avatar
Darvin Darvin is offline
Reverie Super Moderator - RTSCommunity.com Ambassador
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 666
Darvin is just really niceDarvin is just really niceDarvin is just really nice
Default

I do agree with the issue for xbox players; chances are they will be using the xbox in the first place because their PC can't run the editor. However, I do think allowing a stand-alone editor download for the PC would be acceptable, so those who are interested in trying out the editor for their xbox version could do so.

As far as CD-keys go, I only have one thing to say: put it in the manual! It's SO easy to lose cd-keys, but if they're printed inside the manual that's not an issue.

It's nice to hear there will be a GUI scripting option, and if it's of the same caliber as the warcraft III scripting system, we're all in for a real treat. Although they're rare, well done GUI scripting systems are extremely approachable, and enable a wealth of possibilities and creativity.

Oh, and if you do a beta, it would be nice if you include the map editor. In addition to a wonderful testing opportunity, it will create a wealth of fan content before the game releases.
__________________
----------------------------------------------
www.RTSCommunity.com
----------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-09-2007, 01:47 PM
The Witch King of Angmar's Avatar
The Witch King of Angmar The Witch King of Angmar is offline
Reverie Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Minas Morgul, Middle-Earth
Posts: 1,809
The Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputationThe Witch King of Angmar has extremely good reputation
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darvin View Post
I do agree with the issue for xbox players; chances are they will be using the xbox in the first place because their PC can't run the editor. However, I do think allowing a stand-alone editor download for the PC would be acceptable, so those who are interested in trying out the editor for their xbox version could do so.

As far as CD-keys go, I only have one thing to say: put it in the manual! It's SO easy to lose cd-keys, but if they're printed inside the manual that's not an issue.

It's nice to hear there will be a GUI scripting option, and if it's of the same caliber as the warcraft III scripting system, we're all in for a real treat. Although they're rare, well done GUI scripting systems are extremely approachable, and enable a wealth of possibilities and creativity.

Oh, and if you do a beta, it would be nice if you include the map editor. In addition to a wonderful testing opportunity, it will create a wealth of fan content before the game releases.

Yeah I'm not good with mapping I do think it would be fun to play around with. And Darvin, when you said CD-keys what did you mean? Like the specs to run the game? Sorry I'm not very technical with this kind of stuff.

Thanks
__________________
"Do not come between a Nazgul and his prey..."

Feel free to check out my soundcloud:
http://soundcloud.com/dylan-lang
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39 PM.

ESRB Rated T
US/CANADA
PEGI 16
EUROPE
USK 16
GERMANY

privacy policy   |   Copyright © Reverie World Studios INC.

Dawn of Fantasy and Reverie World Studios are trademarks of Reverie World Studios, Inc. Developed by Reverie World Studios, inc. All Rights Reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.