Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Easy PvP Practice for Elves - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2014, 01:54 AM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation
Wink Easy PvP Practice for Elves

This is a short video of a PvP match showing a very basic and easy set up to practice PvP.

16 Grandmasters (Level 18+)
Max all resists
Max Regeneration
Max Health
Last two points into damage when above lvl 18.

Rush (Do not sprint) the enemy gaining the initiative and leaving the opponent no time to set up his units. Once near their units go invisible to walk through them and spread your units through all their formations (Preferably where their light units and archers are). Make sure you select and turn on attack move also. Once in the middle of their formations unhide. Your units will spread damage across all of their units instead of standing in line to attack. Now use self heal as needed. Do not bother wasting mana on the resist buff as Grandmasters will have a high resist already.

Notes: You can use invisible to get past their intercepting units. Also, if you want to risk it you can bring a dragon to back you up but be careful as they die fast in PvP unlike NPC sieging. Make sure you bring wardens and Treants to loot

(Don't forget to select 1080P)
Old 03-19-2014, 09:13 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Poor Orcsies didn`t stand a chance
Old 03-19-2014, 01:22 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Very bad army composition for the ORC player: no berserker no slayers, low amount of ogres, too many goblins and all together so they get slaughtered by your dragon (goblins are horrible vs dragons)

If het got 10 berserker batallion and some slayers was totally another story :O

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

You wont ever really have to worry about that. Without the dragon you are sitting at 600 STR. Most people in this strength range are semi new or unfinished army's that have multiple units that are mid level composing of a larger but overall weaker army. With the resist, regen, total HP and self heal you can pretty much slaughter anyone. You will notice that I never even took any real damage. Its like that without the Dragon also. Grandmasters are a little OP. I have about 30-40 wins doing this across different cities. I use this set up when I log in live to check on people because its super fast to find a PvP match and I can usually win them in under 5 minutes. And also I usually don't have a dragon but I was trying to siege a city last night. I can also win any co-op/solo siege with the above set-up with dragon other than capitals.

And this is just for a cheap and quick way to find PvP matches. Not advance tactics and unit composition of larger armies.

Last edited by Langor : 03-19-2014 at 01:38 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I can`t wait to see how PvP will play our in the next patch when we allow players to designated PvP only armies No more unfinished or unprepared armies...