Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Patch # 24 A - Half Way There - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2014, 01:24 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default Patch # 24 A - Half Way There

Dear Players,

After a long month we are ready to roll out first part of our Patch 24. This monumental patch is intended to fix all of game breaking issues - just before we start adding major new content with the upcoming empire-building expansion pack.

We`ve decided to roll our this patch in two parts, with today`s Part A fixing main issues with multiplayer, and upcoming Patch 24 Part B taking care of various bugs effecting player towns and armies - like missing crowns, missing units and so on.

We would greatly appreciate your feedback on this patch - and hope you`ll continue to enjoy the game while we get the last of the bugs sorted in our next patch - later next week.

Patch # 24 A

:::::Major Fixes and Additions:::::
-Complete eliminated all lag in multiplayer PvP and CoOp
-Fixes majority of out of sync issues in multiplayer
-Fixed player missing units after crashing in PvP or CoOp
-Fixed issues with PvP giving wrong amount of crowns or deducting crowns
-Fixed game user interface breaking during combat
-Fixed issue with CoOp invites being sent to the same player again and again
-Fixed issues with PvP protection not working for some players
-Fixed arrows not hitting units on walls and towers
-Fixed major issue with solo NPC siege showing welcome message again resulting in lost units
-Fixed homeland showing wrong strength value resulting in unfair PvP battles
-Greatly improved sound quality of the game - players will hear more sounds

:::::Minor Fixes and Additions:::::
-Fixed anti-hacking pop-up appearing to honest players
-Player can now see stats of the Market units
-Reward for solo or CoOp NPC siege is now the same
-Fixed issue with rams attacking cavalry units and other related issues
-Gatehouse can now upgrade to Large gatehouse if it has 80 percent hitpoints or more
-Disabled Sound Volume option, as it wasn`t working right
-Rootant will no longer damage deer or livestock.

:::::Balance Adjustments:::::
-Siege weapons and Dragon Slayer will no longer move around while on fire
-Changed crown rewards for all NPC town sieges
-Progressive increase to Wizard army strength value
-Goblins train faster
-AI Dragons made stronger
-Nurfed top-tier Wizard Spells
Old 03-05-2014, 08:47 PM

Xavarion has a default reputation

So I solo sieged Makkada for 28 crowns, solo due to being unable to find anyone to Coop it with. Am I to understand that Makkada will garner only 28 crowns now, solo or coop? It seems the patch notes read that way.

In what way were the wizard top tier spells nerfed? I only noticed that the casting range is much shorter. The damage seemed about the same.

To be honest this patch is/was released backwards. The player base seems so small now that I can never find someone to coop with so the fixes are moot. Plus my army strength bumped up to ~3500, which I am assuming will make finding a siege partner even more difficult than it was pre-patch (difficult meaning damned near impossible).

Lastly, any time frame on the expansion? The lack of folks to play with makes this game quite boring now since I have completed all content a while ago and play mostly for nostalgic reasons. I pray there is a boom in player base from said expansion but I don't see how when, at least in my experience, there just any more than 10-20 people playing at a time.

Are there any plans to make stances permanent, or will they default back to the presets no matter what? I still have to reposition many of my 29 archers due to them chasing wolves every time I log on. Perhaps get rid of the wolves respawning after a certain time? I see no damned reason for the things beyond annoying the crap out of me.

That's all I have for now, here's hoping patch 24B handles most of my current issues.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:17 AM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

I'll have kon answer the hard questions.

But I can answer you this. Expansion is soon. And we have other surprises even sooner which will increase the player base and improve the game even further!
Old 03-06-2014, 11:55 AM

Fennr993 has a default reputation

Hopefully won't all of this be undone by the new expansion. Like when Arcana, when we got early acces. That experince was bad. So i hope that the game doesn't get broken again after the new one. If not playerbase might stay high this time. Can't wait till the next patch and info about the new expansion :)
Old 03-06-2014, 12:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Towns will give same amount of crowns now both in solo and coop. It was a bug that was causing coop to give more crowns - that didn`t even made that much sense - since coop is usually much easier.

Top tier spells - had various parameters nurfed, from area of effect, to damage, to duration. All in all about 30% reduction for each of Blizzard, Meteor Shower, Lightning Storm.

We are working on restoring the player base now, expecting to be back to the old levels with-in a week. And should reach new heights when old players come back to a really smooth game with the release of Patch 24 B, and our upcoming empire-building expansion pack. We also expect huge wave of new players in April

And expansion - is soon. April. We`ll have full announcement with-in a week, most likely next week.

And we are disabling wolves after about 10 hours of play (as they are fun early game), in the upcoming patch 24 B
Old 03-06-2014, 12:56 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
And we are disabling wolves after about 10 hours of play (as they are fun early game), in the upcoming patch 24 B
Perfect solution. And for the elven race can we have some level 1 orc 'raiders' or goblins for the first 10 hours? There really nothing to worry about when starting an elven empire like the other two factions. And I am saying this as an Elven Sect player (when actually playing at least). I've rebuilt about 6 or 8 elven cities if curious about my experience feedback.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:50 PM

Xavarion has a default reputation

Thanks for answering my questions. All the answers make sense and leave nothing else to question.

Looking forward to the other half of the patch and really looking forward to the expansion.

Keep it up guys.