Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Why I lost interest in Skyrim... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-25-2014, 05:08 PM

Mr. Abysmalyxia has a default reputation
Default Why I lost interest in Skyrim...

In Skyrim one can follow a path that's borderline exploitive.

Just continuously and constantly upgrade your weapons. It's the best way to go in terms of raw power and it's also easily the most boring. I stopped playing skyrim after I realized it.

The game just seemed "not as fun".

Currently one can trade unicorns with humans for an outrageous sum. Want easy gold? Trade unicorns with an allied human city, the larger the better. You'll walk away with around 1.2k golds for a two hundred gold investment (after you beef them up to level five).

You don't even need to significantly advance your city... just plow out houses, unicorns, and reap the gold.

Then train up everything and dominate everyone.

You don't need to have the economic perks... you just need spare time.

It's tedious and it detracts from the game.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:24 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

The trade does bring quite a bit of income, and your discovered only 1 trade routes, with some you can make even more money. And you`d be surprised how many players enjoy this kind of gameplay, but at the same time - war in any form would always bring you more gold and crowns than trading ever will.

And no matter how much you train you won`t dominate everyone - in the end it`s about skill in PvP combat.
Old 01-26-2014, 02:57 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
The trade does bring quite a bit of income, and your discovered only 1 trade routes, with some you can make even more money. And you`d be surprised how many players enjoy this kind of gameplay, but at the same time - war in any form would always bring you more gold and crowns than trading ever will.

And no matter how much you train you won`t dominate everyone - in the end it`s about skill in PvP combat.
I think you missed the point. And sadly I have to agree with him on the economy aspect of the game, and even with Skyrim (Where I quit the game also).

The issue arrives is what's the benefit? If he found only one trade route that provides overwhelming income what is the point of finding the others just to find them? The same goes with allying with all the cities. Why? Yes I can trade/train/heal, but I don't need all the cities. If I do one in each region I am pretty much set up. The economy is very static and generic and no where near the dynamic diversity it needs to be. And this plays a huge part to your non-PVP player base.

As I have said in a few posts I am working on a system that will accomplish all these things. In fact, it might as well be an expansion. But with that said, I don't expect you to use the suggestion I will be proposing, only to open idea's and have bigger horizons of the potential the World Map has to offer for a strategic economy addition.

Last edited by Langor : 01-26-2014 at 02:59 PM. Reason: I'm Dyslexic. :/