Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

i think trading should get crowns too - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2014, 12:06 PM

BTFKM has a default reputation
Default i think trading should get crowns too

trading also part of this game , trading is a way to play ,someone dont like to fight ,so they cant get enough crwon to upgrade and protect themselves,in history trading is still a way to learn other culture.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:06 PM
Dof Moderator
Crossbowman

dropkick_jxy is just above average reputation
Default Would you care to explain more?

Just running from a-b would seem far too tedious for this, what are your thoughts on making it more entertaining?

Just curious
Old 01-23-2014, 02:02 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Trading is actually a good way to get crowns. Through some trade routes I can make nearly 45k of gold in half hour or so, that`s 15 crowns using the Gold to Crown conversion tool.

Would need some ideas on how to make this more "entertaining"
Old 01-24-2014, 01:37 PM
QA, Junior Game Designer

Langor is just above average reputation

I don't want to get into it right now. But I've been building an economical core game dynamic for this game. It will be in a post later. I know a lot of it is too much programming or the Devs may have different visions. But its to make a discussion about it because this game lacks the whole world economic aspects. It will be in the suggestion forum when I do lay it all out.
Old 01-25-2014, 01:07 AM

Mr. Abysmalyxia has a default reputation

If you want to make it interesting, make it so that you can lose your shirt doing it.

First, make it largely automated.
Second, make it menu driven.

Here's how it works...

You purchase Caravan Carts with CROWNS, the first one's cheap. Only ten crowns. But they go up... steeply.

You can Garrison units inside your Caravans to defend against interlopers. Some units are better at defending caravans than others. Mounted Rangers might be the best for Elves, for example, as they are ideally suited to skirmishes. Every time you add a unit to the garrison it costs you a crown. So if you send out six dudes and they all die, it'll cost you six crowns to re-garrison etc etc...

And you're doing all this because there's a good chance your caravan could be lost. The Caravaneer only hears of it later in message form, or somesuch "Your Caravan was despoiled by orcish raiders!"

On the minimap there appears a marker for where your goods are. You have twenty four hours to launch a party, overcome the raiders defenses in their raider hideout, and take back what was yours.

You'll never get *all* of it back, you'll just get *most* of it back.

In addition, when you're setting up your routes you get information on what's going to be going on where you're sending your caravans... nothing specific in terms of numbers more kind of like afternoon weather reports. "With an increased chance of raiders, and malignant weather Ral Nistro is hurting for wood, stone, and food".

This of course means you're more likely to lose your proverbial shirt but sending your crew out there will net you more money.

You turn it into a slot machine.

All of this nonsense is situated so the player won't realize that although they will be seeing returns for their investment your manipulation of the numbers ensures it doesn't become insane. Something like a 15% return...