Game not loading - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-13-2014, 07:11 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Reaver has a default reputation
Default Game not loading

Yesterday I had no issues, today I have tried 4 times to get in, and only got in on the 5th attempt, also the game now randomly just stops loading after entering cities and other loading screens.

Why? what changed between yesterday and today?

The only thing i can think of is that snow, please put in an option to turn it off in the options tab, it's a cute feature but i can't enjoy it if the game doesn't work.

Last edited by Reaver : 01-13-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

This is really odd, we didn`t update anything on our end, and snow should not cause any issues. Regular player population is online.

Are you running the Steam version? Have you tried restarting your PC? And could you please confirm what you mean by trying to get in - would you get stuck on a loading screen to your homeland?
Old 01-13-2014, 08:47 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
This is really odd, we didn`t update anything on our end, and snow should not cause any issues. Regular player population is online.

Are you running the Steam version? Have you tried restarting your PC? And could you please confirm what you mean by trying to get in - would you get stuck on a loading screen to your homeland?
Sorry for the anger, I didn't get off work and into bed until around 2:15am and I was woken up at 7:30am for a stupid reason so I was cranky. Anyways I swapped to the main game client a while ago and haven't even touched the steam client. My PC is not the issue, tried that. And what i mean is when i load up my hometown for the first time it won't load, so i will Alt+F4 out and then i cannot log in, and then when i finally log in it says i cannot connect to city and i have to log out then back in again (where it says i cannot log in again) and then when i finally get in the game wont load again and Alt+f4 and repeat.

Took 5 Alt+F4's before i could get in and it loaded. And if it is not the snow then i don't know what i could be.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:10 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Oh no worries I understand how frustrating this must be.

Please let me know your in-game username and town name and I`ll take a look today.

Please try the following:
-Restart your PC, start DoF, play a quick game of skirmish for a few minutes, back to main menu, try Online Kingdom Now
-Create a new Online Kingdom town - confirm if you have any issues with it
Old 01-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Orc Sect:
Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
Oh no worries I understand how frustrating this must be.

Please let me know your in-game username and town name and I`ll take a look today.

Please try the following:
-Restart your PC, start DoF, play a quick game of skirmish for a few minutes, back to main menu, try Online Kingdom Now
-Create a new Online Kingdom town - confirm if you have any issues with it
I'm currently sieging a town, when i am finished i will restart, do what you said and then inform you on the results.

Ingame - Reaver
Town - Valhalla

If you look at logs you'll see i've had these log in issues before, but today it seemed to be nonstop.

EDIT- After relogging i'm still getting the "error connecting to city" and the failure to login popups. But I got in after 2 tries and there is no snow on the ground anymore.

I've also noticed that the minimap for my home town seems to be expanding or shrinking every time i relog. For example; when the map was normal there was a set boundry i could go to/build to and then there was land beyond that could only be seen by angling the camera, now it goes right to the end of the world, though i dont have the option to build on this land.

Also my workers seem to be wandering to the corners of the void and are uncontrollable. And my houses are randomly disappearing, what is going on?

Edit Edit - And now it seems when i go to world map the screen goes pure white, then when i try to go back to home town all the workers are moving at super speed and its laggy.

Last edited by Reaver : 01-13-2014 at 10:08 AM. Reason: To Harrass Kon
Old 01-13-2014, 12:19 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

We are looking into this now, and will figure out what the perfect fix will be for you and many other players, perhaps in our patch #22 coming up. Will fix a lot of these if not most issues.