Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Expansion Preview - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Reverie World Studios > News & Announcements
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2013, 10:21 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Default Expansion Preview

With work on our upcoming Arcana expansion almost finished, with just final testing and balancing underway, we are finally ready to start sharing more details about our largest free expansion release.

First things first - the release date. First the bad news - official release date is set for January, to fit in with Steam's release schedule. However - our current players will get early access to the full expansion pack (as a preview) in December - right before New Years. For the sake of naming a date - lets say the 29th. But we'll do our best to have this ready for you sooner than that.

And so - allow me to introduce our Arcana expansion. Although a better fitting name would be: Awesome Pathfinding & Arcana. As you might know we have been working on re-coding a major part of our game engine responsible for pathfinding, performance and controlling units, and after countless months this huge update is finally here, and will be released as part of the Arcana Expansion.

And, of course - Arcana stands for Magic, and we are adding this new gameplay elements with a bang. Magic is a force that now rules the game world - from homelands to battlefields. Get ready to experience Kingdom Wars like never before with magic spells so powerful they will change your entire approach to combat.

You;ll get you first look at some of the spells, as well as new buildings, and new pahtfinding features in the below preview. Meanwhile, here's some of the new features
  • New Buildings - from Wizard Tower to Guild Headquarters
  • New epic units - from massive Hydra to Minotaurs
  • New Wizard hero character in 3 classes
  • Amazing magic system starting with 15 spells
  • New unit control system - similar to Total War games
  • Brand new pathfinding
  • New unit AI with cool things like units forming perfectly on walls
  • Professional localization for other languages including Tutorial and other in-game text

If you have any questions about this expansion please feel free to ask, at this time - no more secrets.

New pathfinding allows you to task entire armies without any lag spikes or performance drops

New directional tasking brings better battalion control - select which way your army should face, and in what formation with a click of a mouse

New Buildings such as a Wizard Guild, with 15 magical technologies. Get ready to spend thousands of gold coins.

Firewall Spell

Blizzard Ice Wall Spell

Lighting Storm Spell
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Arcana.jpg (196.7 KB, 441 views)

Last edited by Brian Shingles : 12-18-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:11 AM

Rezerian has a default reputation

I am happy to see the game has promise and life again, I thought DoF had started to fade away.
If the pre-launch happens in Dec I better get my home town x-mas tree!

I would even buy it via market to have it all year round, just cool lol.

Look forward to having my archers line the walls in style, one of the things I wanted so bad in Beta.

As a returning Vet from Beta I am excited for this expansion!
Old 12-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Reverie World Studios - Community Manager

Hi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of lightHi11Zone is a glorious beacon of light

Lets keep up the great work!
Old 12-19-2013, 01:17 AM
Orc Sect:
Goblin Raider

Limb has a default reputation

Thx for new expansion! Big fan of this game. Still waiting undead race in future.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:33 AM

IGhostbustedGod has a default reputation

This is really exciting stuff. I wonder if someone might be able to answer really fast for many that have to be curious, with the new buildings coming in, will more great trees/building plots be made available to expand on to or will current buildings have to be destroyed to manage these new structures? (Mine are all filled with tree dwellings and I'm still only holding 46k with all research completed and houses built)
Old 12-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Human Sect:
Archer

Wolffighter has a default reputation

and about 50% don't care cause you don't reset the army size... and don't write for the third time delet your units... no one will do this!