Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Need help playing Orks. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2013, 12:34 AM

Saan has a default reputation
Default Need help playing Orks.

First Berserker - they stated as melee/ranged hybrid and wear bows. How can i activate ranged attack? For me they just melee and i did not find any option how to research or use any ability/upgrade for ranged.
Second, just wondering - there is alot of upgrades for slayers/impalers/ogres, that make them real cool. But there are none for top unit - berserker's, or cavalry. Which imho make them less effective endgame, compared to upgraded units.
Third - ranged units. Which are the best to use for orcs in endgame. goblins or marauders after upgrade, or there is a way to use berserker as ranged.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 AM

Anyone can give advise of end game army build for orcs?
Old 06-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Game Balance Designer, QA

vicious666 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saan View Post
First Berserker - they stated as melee/ranged hybrid and wear bows. How can i activate ranged attack? For me they just melee and i did not find any option how to research or use any ability/upgrade for ranged.
Second, just wondering - there is alot of upgrades for slayers/impalers/ogres, that make them real cool. But there are none for top unit - berserker's, or cavalry. Which imho make them less effective endgame, compared to upgraded units.
Third - ranged units. Which are the best to use for orcs in endgame. goblins or marauders after upgrade, or there is a way to use berserker as ranged.

Slayers, are supertank unit, low dmg but high res-hp, combine scorpion formation+cover ability, they are needed for absorb enemy dps

Berserker, you need them as dmg troops the charge ability boost their dps they can also heal themself, consider they do slash/crush dmg so they very effective on fight high tanked melee troops such as grandmasters, foot knights etc. the ranged option is removed since was too powerful.

Impalers do x3 dmg to cavalry and even more to dragons and monsters like ogre

Marauder is a very good unit for orcs, also dont underestimate goblins, they are many, they can hide they can heal, and they move very fast.

Regards orcs cavalry they are few in the unit only 10 but very high dmg/hp, in the next patch orc cavalry and goblins will receive a boost in hp/res/dmg

DoF KW race and units guide
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
Old 06-27-2013, 04:15 PM

Thank you for reply. Still thinking that orcs need some a better primary ranged unit, as ranged ability was taken from berserkers. Considering goblins and marauders as support, unless they get a range+damage boost.
Also wondering about slayer and impaler cavalry difference. Do impaler cavalry get the same 3x damage bonus to other cavalry and monsters as original impalers?

Last edited by Saan : 06-27-2013 at 04:20 PM.