Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

PvE only options? - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 10:15 AM

Vygar has a default reputation
Default PvE only options?

While I really enjoy the game I find the idea of being attacked at any point by another player unappealing. I personally have no interest in attacking other player settlements or being attacked in return as I am content to explore the world, embark on quests, and attack NPC settlements. Is there any chance folks like myself could have an option to where we can not engage in pvp at all? That'd make a perfect game for me.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:56 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

You can purchase protection in the ingame shop for fairly cheap, the protection will only run while you're ingame and you can purchase up to a 48 hour protection timer. Other then that we want players attacking/fighting it out overall. However the protection timer is in the shop for folks who prefer otherwise.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:46 PM

Vygar has a default reputation

Okay that's cool. Thank you
Old 06-26-2013, 01:55 PM

HiredGun has a default reputation

There should be some sort of toggle when you create your city as to wether or not you want to participate in PVP. You should not force people to spend crowns every other week if they don't want to play in a certain aspect of the game. Having this option would encourage people that are not interested in the pvp aspect of the game instead of turning them off the game as a whole.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:20 AM

ArcaneTwin has a default reputation

I agree with the OP. I'm a new player and I REALLY don't want to be forced into a PVP game. I appreciate being able to 'buy' protection, but I'd much prefer being able to opt out of PVP altogether and stop worrying about it, or at least limit it to people on your FRIENDS list.

I know there are single-player options, but they seem to be established campaigns. I would love to have a similar option to the online game where I start with very little and then have to conquer NPC cities.

It's an otherwise fantastic game. I'm having a lot of fun right now. Just don't want it blighted by being forced into buying out of PVP.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:38 PM

Jacques has a default reputation

I don't really mind, but the developers should keep some things in mind, especially if they plan to have micro trans in this game.

Having forced PVP, generally isn't good or healthy for any game (EVE being a different matter), most of the populations are casual/PVE goers and usually tend to be the ones that will really spend on a game.

PoTBs (a sea based game) was excellent, and had forced pvp but in a limited function, was avoidable but ports etc people needed could be engulfed in pvp enabled areas.

Couple that, with many bugs and issues (like this game) and you have yourself a permanent low population situation, which otherwise good games severely suffer from.

Be smart, learn from other games and expand your horizons.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:54 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I think we`ll look into making other gameplay aspects add more crowns in the near future as well. I see there you guys are coming from - we do need to look into this some more.
Old 01-25-2014, 06:31 AM

ArcaneTwin has a default reputation

If a PVE-only option was added (without having to throw hard-won crowns or resources at it), it would make a totally magical game that would open it out to people who don't like PVP at all. Sure, there are a few bugs, but it's brilliant already.

My partner was really keen to buy the game when she saw it on my screen, but has refused based on the PVP element (not wanting her settlement dessimated by other players as it would just make her mad). I get where she's coming from. I'd like the same without repeatedly having to give up resources for an extra 20 mins of PVP-free time.

I really hope this will be considered. The forced PVP element is the only aspect I don't like. There will surely be enough PVP-ers without making everyone victim to it.

Last edited by ArcaneTwin : 01-25-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

As we`ve started before PvP is absolutely optional, and in the new patch we make the additional PvP protection really easy to acquire (much cheaper). As for comments on how hard it is to get Crowns without PvP - we are also working on a solution for this. So no worries - we`ll take care of these players who don`t care for PvP.