Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Input delay - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 12:53 PM

Kormakr has a default reputation
Unhappy Input delay

There's a huge input delay in this game. Everything I do; from commanding troops to pressing buttons while playing is delayed by around half a second. And VERY often my input is not even registered. I've lost troops and income just because the game does not register me clicking on buttons and ordering troops to move. Once was really bad. They just ran right into their deaths, and no matter how much I tried to make them move away, there was no reaction from the game at all.
The game menues work normally.
It's not a latency problem as I have DoF installed on two computers, and the problem is identical on both.
Is there a fix I have to do? Or will it get patched soon?

Edit: I bought it off of steam if that is relevant.
2xEdit: Also, how do I change the in-game chat font? As it is now it's a horrible medieval text which is near impossible to read with small font size.

Last edited by Kormakr : 04-03-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:04 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

With the game font we hope to have a solution later this week. This only effects some players it seem, and we will get to the bottom of this.

With the input - I think this is related to the chat lag we are having. It might get better after tonight patch. As far as unit movement - yes there is a 1 second delay, that`s on purpose.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
With the game font we hope to have a solution later this week. This only effects some players it seem, and we will get to the bottom of this.

With the input - I think this is related to the chat lag we are having. It might get better after tonight patch. As far as unit movement - yes there is a 1 second delay, that`s on purpose.
As long as I get an immediate response from the game, the 1 second delay is ok with me. I don't understand why it is there though. If units instead used a second to accelerate to full speed that would be more understandable.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:40 PM
DoF Moderator

Zvonzi is on a good road to success

I think they tried to make it more "realistic". That second represents time that is needed for your command to get from your "HQ" to your soldiers on the ground
Old 04-04-2013, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zvonzi View Post
I think they tried to make it more "realistic". That second represents time that is needed for your command to get from your "HQ" to your soldiers on the ground
That is understandable. Total War for instance has an audible response the moment you give an order, but the units need a second to start moving. This game really needs that. I thought I had latency or that the game was still in beta because of all the weird problems I have. Really hope they get some fixing into the game now that it's gotten much attention on steam.
I like the atmosphere of the game, and would like to see these problems solved. It would definitely give a major boost to how the game feels.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:47 PM

Makaze has a default reputation

I understand the delay but my issue is with thinking the command went through and it didn't. I have now just switched to double clicking while in battle to ensure the command went through. I think this might have to do with being able to move the screen with the right mouse button so it sometimes moves the screen very slightly instead of giving the unit(s) a move command.

-Makaze

"Death is relative, dear cousin"