Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

To anwser all the beta questions... - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-26-2009, 09:20 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation
Arrow To anwser all the beta questions...

In reply to the Question on Beta post.

Guys,

As I`m sure you have noticed that closed beta is still not here.

The publishing situation is keeping us behind schedule. As we can`t start testing product on large scale without a clear light from a publisher - and our publishing arrangements are still being finalized. We`ll inform you in the coming weeks once all of this is resolved. And hey we are not delaying things by months or years here, just weeks

I`m just glad we got the new website, screens and videos next week to make up for this delay.

Now, to answer most of your questions...

Beta testing will happen in 4 or 5 stages.

Closed Beta Stage 1 - we`ll begin by sending stripped down game client with updater tool and single-player skirmish to the first 50 testers. You`ll get a chance to play around with this for the first two weeks. During this phase we`ll be solving technical problems preventing people from starting the game, and other major crashes.

Closed Beta Stage 2 - will commence 2 weeks later. We`ll invite 50 additional testers, and send out a major update that will feature multiplayer skirmish mode. During stage 2 we`ll be fine tuning connectivity, chat and basics of player vs player gameplay. All 3 multilayer skirmish mods will be available, including team defense of huge capital fortresses.

Closed Beta Stage 3 - starts 3 weeks later. We might invite up to 100 additional testers (but this is unconfirmed.) We`ll send out another major update that will add MMORTS game mode with all early game content, including player vs player. But at this point we`ll disable singleplayer skirmish and multiplayer as we`ll need everyone playing MMORTS mode. We`ll do account reset every couple of days for the first 2 weeks. And once a week for the following 3 weeks.

Open Beta Stage 4 - comes 5 weeks later. From 500 to 1,000 additional testers will be invited, and only MMORTS will be featured. For the next 6 weeks we`ll be adding late game MMORTS content until Gold Master. There should be 2 or 3 server wipes.

Stress Test Stage 5 - is a good possibility once we hit Gold Master. We`ll invite up to 2,000 additional players to play MMORTS mode of the product for free for 2 weeks before the game becomes available in store. This will help us stress test the servers and hopefully we`ll get some players hooked. We might be able to allow Stage 5 player accounts to keep their progress once they upgrade to a full retail version.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:28 PM
Reverie World Studios - Former Marketing Director & Assistant Producer

Alex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputationAlex Walz has extremely good reputation

Sounds great! We'll all get into a closed beta.

Will those invited to the first closed beta automatically get into the second and third? Will any feature the editors?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I think we`ll be able to send out Editor to closed beta tester who specifically request it, it`ll be a stand-alone download.

And yeah player mass will accumulate from one stage to another.
Old 08-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

iceblast has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
I think we`ll be able to send out Editor to closed beta tester who specifically request it, it`ll be a stand-alone download.

And yeah player mass will accumulate from one stage to another.
wow sounds great, appreciate that you do these things for the community unlike EA.

your game will go alot further than a EA RTS.
Old 08-30-2009, 04:50 PM
Elite Member

wills370 is someone to look uptowills370 is someone to look upto

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblast View Post
wow sounds great, appreciate that you do these things for the community unlike EA.

your game will go alot further than a EA RTS.
True, i think its a positive move alos. The more you get the community of a game involved to highlight issues and give ideas/feedback the better.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Reverie World Studios - Scenario Scripter

Josh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really niceJosh Warner is just really nice

I know an ETA for release is out of the question, but any idea when we'll see the CB start? -note- I do realize late spring is mentioned several times, I'm just wondering if that has changed since the 4-6 months depending on where you look the 'late spring' was mentioned. If I recall correctly - spring ends sept22nd.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:34 PM

hkien has a default reputation

Hopefully, when it come to be comercial, there's Union Western payment method for me!

Going to be zealous to be invited..
Old 05-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Human Sect:
Crossbowman

crex719 has a default reputation

I like this plan, it allows for a gradual increase to the server. Can't wait for the beta now that I graduated!
Old 05-26-2009, 11:23 PM

Feweh has fair reputation

Yes, awesome !
Old 05-27-2009, 12:32 AM
Elite Member

sneaky_squirrel has good reputation

Hi, I just registered here but I remember viewing this site 3 years ago fantasizing about playing it, I personally can't wait for the beta to come out.