Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Noob requesting info on combat and army size. - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2013, 04:21 PM

Mirick has a default reputation
Default Noob requesting info on combat and army size.

I've just recently become aware of this game and was quite interested in getting some more detailed info on the combat.

I read that the battles would always be "fair" matches between two players. Does this mean that one army will be scaled down/up to match the opposing army?

If that is the case what is the incentive to spending resources on building a large army if the scale of the battle is determined by the player with the least/most units. It seems it would be more prudent to purposefully keep a smaller army to reduce resource use while forcing any attacking player to attack with an army of "fair" size.

Is this an accurate depiction or am I way off base? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:29 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

You will only be matched up with an opponent who's strength rating is close to your own (either through skill levels or numbers). Your army is not "scaled up/down" to meet another player's army.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

Hi Mirick, welcome to Dawn of Fantasy.

To follow up on your second question - "what is the incentive to spending resources on building a large army if the scale of the battle"

First of all it`s fun to have epic scale battle. But mainly - the rewards (even if you loose the match) scale up accordingly. And since PvP is the best way to gain Influence resource, it`s really beneficial to have large battle. For example - small PvP match can get you 4/8 Influence points for loosing/winning. And the large one can bring up to 48 Influence points for winning. This Influence can then be spent for getting some awesome upgrades for your town - like stone walls, or purchasing additional heroes or special units like Dragons.