Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

The only way this is going to work "years late on this" - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Main Square
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-22-2012, 06:54 AM

axal011 has a default reputation
Post The only way this is going to work "years late on this"

For a long time ive thought about it, about how the matchmaking is and I have to disagree with it. I believe you should be able to attack anyone whether their hundreds below your strengh level. Why would I believe this? Because it happened in the medieval times. Do you think England cared if their enemy didn't match their numbers? No. People speak about Unfair/Fair but in reality nothing is ever fair, which is why the game should be treated as such since its more of a RPG-RTS-MMO.

It just gets boring whenever someone asks "Can you lower your army strengh so we can have war?" Like whats the point in that? You may say the point is, your getting to play!, but its still stupid. I had a great siege on me a few days ago which was fun, but then again the opponent who killed me, had to ask me what my strength was just so he could lay siege to me. I disagree with match making in every game that has it..

You may be thinking and getting ready to say "Well its not fair if my army strength is 50 and yours is 450" So what? Its a medieval warfare type.

*Looks and speaks to the enemy king and says- Hello King Konstantin would you be kindly to lower your army strenght so that I may have a fight with you?" See my point?

Im like years late on this thought, just about everything with me is years late :P
Old 12-22-2012, 07:34 AM

Wakko has a default reputation

Then it would just become like any other game when you get farmed by the higher ranked players, and the new players leave because they never get a chance to even play the game.

Just because something happened in real medieval times, doesnt mean its good for gameplay. If every game would go for "life is not fair, so shouldnt games be either", then no game would be balanced. Thats why we balance RTS's, to make the game fair and let the skill decide who wins.

If a RTS like starcraft didnt care if the game was fair, they'd never change it or balance the units.

But a small part of me agree with you. Sometimes its fun to play as the underdog and actually be able to be victorious. And sometimes its fun to just charge someone with a vastly bigger army and slaughter everything.

I'm not quite sure how the system works, but maybe we could opt in for something like "I agree to a 20-40-60% army strength difference" or something like that. But again, I dont really know how the system work so.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:40 AM

Default ar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
Then it would just become like any other game when you get farmed by the higher ranked players, and the new players leave because they never get a chance to even play the game.

Just because something happened in real medieval times, doesnt mean its good for gameplay. If every game would go for "life is not fair, so shouldnt games be either", then no game would be balanced. Thats why we balance RTS's, to make the game fair and let the skill decide who wins.

If a RTS like starcraft didnt care if the game was fair, they'd never change it or balance the units.

But a small part of me agree with you. Sometimes its fun to play as the underdog and actually be able to be victorious. And sometimes its fun to just charge someone with a vastly bigger army and slaughter everything.

I'm not quite sure how the system works, but maybe we could opt in for something like "I agree to a 20-40-60% army strength difference" or something like that. But again, I dont really know how the system work so.

Yeah, Ive just got bored lately, Im thinking about taking most of my military out of my castle and lower my strengh so I can get some PLAY time in cause im floating with resources and im not much of a quest person. hehe
Old 12-22-2012, 07:46 AM

Wakko has a default reputation

Then I see how the game must get boring after a while, maybe some improvements to the match-up system would be needed. What would you suggest to the devs without making the game too unfair? especially for newer players? Remember, this game already seem to have a poor playerbase. Wouldnt be to good to add a feature that make the new players leave because they get roflstomped 24/7
Old 12-22-2012, 08:09 AM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

Iam interested to see what the additions the steam income will bring.

Removing the balancing for griefers to farm noobs would make me leave
Old 12-22-2012, 08:17 AM

Yeah I can see it being a problem. I would like to see a feature that shows the strength and the Enemy players name