Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Selecting unused soldiers and Units for army - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > New Player Help
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 04:13 PM

TMac127 has a default reputation
Default Selecting unused soldiers and Units for army

I was not sure if it was possible to select soldiers I just made from my home city and put them on the map instead of soldiers I have stationed on the walls or in strategic locations. It has been very aggrivating for me to select units for an army (especially horsecarts) and have it select units I have set up in front of gold mines and such. If there is no way, maybe this is something that could be suggested for the game.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

A really good suggestion actually, that was annoying me as well - I`ll see if we can display a small icon on units on walls or used horsecarts how we do with peasants.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:00 PM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Hmm Actually I wantet to make an Suggestion about this a while ago.
Guess I.ll just go ahead and post it here then.

Suggestion.

Deployment Pool/Garrison Army
I dont really know how to call it since its basicly meant to fix a mutlitude of annoyances.

Creaste an Army with an Population Cap of 90.
The Army will simply stand on the Town and Serve as an Deployment and Rearranging Point.

New Units Build will move into that Army and can get reassigned to either another Army or the Hometown.

Of course the Army is Immune to PvP challenges and cant hold any Ressources.
It can also not Move away from the Town.

New Build Units will move into that Army and await their Deployment.

(it would be nice if there would be a button on the Unit Production Buildings which specifys wether the Units Spawn on Map or on the Army)

This should fix the problem of new Build Units mixing in with the Defending Troops and those making it annoying to sort them out.
At the same time it would give some Unit Storage for Units which you want to Transfer to other Armys or which you want to Create new Armys from.

(right now if you got 4 full Armys and an full Garrisson you need to do Acrobatic **** to Create an 5th Army because you need to move your Garrisson into an Army then Build the Units in Town and after that Switch out the Garrisson with the New Build Units by disabling the Caps and mixing both together completly then sorting out the one Army again. Unless of course you want to Free 1 Slot in the Town and Build and Move 1 Unit at a time into the new Army which is as you may believe me even more annoying then sorting everything anew ..... And of course same goes when you got 5 Armys and want to Reearrange them its really annoying becuase you have no Space to put them and need to mix em alltogether to sort em out again.
Not even mentioning that this always Results in you moving all Units back to their Places in Town Again to have Defends Ready because your Garrisson Spawned at the Entrance again after all that.)

I think this would be an incredible Help to most Players because they dont always need to Wipe their whole Garrisson when they Create or Rearrange an Army.

Well just a piece of mind
Greetz

edit:
Oh Remembering that is it is somehow relatet to this.

How about removing Population Impact from the Hero
You always need him for the Quests inside Town
It might be nice if you could move him Into Town without regard for Population
Its somewhat annoying to always keep a Slot free for him just to go in accept the quest and Dissappear again

Greetz
Old 07-28-2012, 06:43 AM

TMac127 has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantin Fomenko View Post
A really good suggestion actually, that was annoying me as well - I`ll see if we can display a small icon on units on walls or used horsecarts how we do with peasants.
Sweet, its good to know I wasn't the only one I can't wait to see the changes!