Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Complaint - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 06:29 PM

qaysen has a default reputation
Default Complaint

I have played this game until i reached the city Makkada, so i read in its description, its called "womb" because all the orcs originated from there. Okay i say... Makka "Mother of Cities", Islam has began there. West: humans, middle: orcs, east: evles.

I am a muslim and i can not believe game developers really did such a thing, but its real. So we are orcs, barbaric, dirty, ugly. I see. What a way to see the world. And i even paid, thus unknowingly supported this.

Shame on you. And may your work be ruined if you don't change this matter.

Last edited by qaysen : 05-29-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead QA, Moderator
Archmage

GPS51 is someone to look uptoGPS51 is someone to look upto

I've spent hundreds of hours talking to the devs, I've never heard any of them say anything anti muslim. This is set in a fantasy world and has no bearing on the "real world". Also by shortening words you can make a lot of things say things they weren't intended, I believe that's what has happened here. I"m sorry this rubbed you the wrong way
Old 05-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Reverie World Studios - Producer & Design Director

Konstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputationKonstantin Fomenko has extremely good reputation

I can confirm that in no way was it meant to be offensive or related to real world location, or any way related to Islam or Muslims. We came up with a name of Makkada from a list of over 40 random names, and making it Orcish capital was purely accidental.

I would greatly appreciate if you could provide more reasoning as to how this could be offensive to Muslims (sorry your post for short on details), if you don`t like posting on the public forums, you can e-mail to us instead at support@reverieworld.com or send a private message.
Old 05-29-2012, 11:20 PM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Gruber12 has a default reputation

so a fantasy game has a town thats kind of spelt like a real world city, whoopty doooo

Quote:
Try not using vieled threats next time so you dont look like a whiney princess. My city ingame is called NeverYouMind i wonder if anyone finds that offensive.

If you read any of the Orc lore Orcs came into being after lightning struck the ground giving birth to race and the main city just might happen to be built in this area, which was given a random name and the label "birthplace of orcs" was slapped on"

and who you calling ugly

Last edited by Gruber12 : 05-29-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:18 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaysen View Post
I am a muslim and i can not believe game developers really did such a thing, but its real. So we are orcs, barbaric, dirty, ugly. I see. What a way to see the world. ...
I am sorry to hear this, but let us explain you that it is only you're way to see things. The city named Makkada is not the "Mother of all cities" as you see it, but it is the greatest city of the Orcs. I believe that the devs were not thinking of Mekka or Makkah al-Mukarramah in the time of the game creation. Oh, and I don't believe that Orcs are bad, ugly and that much barbaric, I even play with them and try seeing their positive side what is the horde, they stand together no mater what.

Edit: You say that this is offence, then what could the Russians say after call of Duty and more ....

Last edited by szebus : 05-30-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:33 AM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Oh, and I don't believe that Orcs are bad, ugly and that much barbaric, I even play with them and try seeing their positive side what is the horde, they stand together no mater what.

The orcs value strenght and honour and they ride giant wolf monsters and peopel try to say their not awesome
Old 05-30-2012, 01:38 AM
Human Sect:
Mor

szebus is someone to trust

Just thought of ... if Makkada was an Elven town meaning mother tree of all elves, would the dude ****ed off like this ?
Old 05-30-2012, 02:05 AM
DoF Moderator
Mounted Grand Master

Quote:
Just thought of ... if Makkada was an Elven town meaning mother tree of all elves, would the dude ****ed off like this ?
of course, he thinks he should get special treatment because of what book club he belongs to
Old 05-30-2012, 06:05 AM
Orc Sect:
Impaler

daikl has a default reputation

Some people will read into things when there is nothing to read.If this is your cry for attention or some way for 'compensation' then you should be the one ashamed.
If i look hard enough i could interpret some things that are offensive to my region/country(east europe).
Stop being a wuss and get over it,its just a game and should be treated as such.

Last edited by daikl : 05-30-2012 at 06:09 AM.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:23 PM
Human Sect:
Halberdier

Nibelton has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaysen View Post
I have played this game until i reached the city Makkada, so i read in its description, its called "womb" because all the orcs originated from there. Okay i say... Makka "Mother of Cities", Islam has began there. West: humans, middle: orcs, east: evles.

I am a muslim and i can not believe game developers really did such a thing, but its real. So we are orcs, barbaric, dirty, ugly. I see. What a way to see the world. And i even paid, thus unknowingly supported this.

im really tired of those ppl...trolls,mindblind,arrogant and ignorant,melancholic and etc. types off ppl...
ill just stop there,or else it could be bloody and dirty :P
internet...internet...when you will growup...
Closed Thread