Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

How future PvP should work - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Kingdom Wars > Public Suggestions and Proposals
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-24-2012, 01:27 AM

Chinchy2222 has a default reputation
Default How future PvP should work

I will do this in bulletin form if you want an elaboration on anything just quote it and ask a question I will answer ASAP.

SEMI-PvP ZONES

-Low yield zones (Resources can't be harvested as fast as PvP zone cities)

-Where your first city is

-Cannot build more cities here

-People who do not want to fight for territory will be here

-Battle system will not change from the current one here (Uses the strength calculator for even match ups)

-Epic units cannot die in this area (Wealth units)

-Winning a battle in this area will not gain you Wealth instead it will gain you a new PvE currency that will help you buy special units that make PvE easier but have no effect in PvP

-Map will be reworked so the safe SEMI-PvP zones are in the center to prevent noobs from accidentally running out into the Full PvP zone

PvP ZONES

-This is where you would build your second, third or forth city

-These zones have a high resource yield

-Each city you have in this area will make you a small amount of wealth per day

-Cities are hidden until discovered (Fog of war)

-Armies will appear when within a reasonable proximity to each other

-Anyone can fight anyone in this area

-Cities have an SOI (Sphere of influence) that prevents other cities from being build near them (you could probably fit 8 cities max in a PvP zone) this is to prevent overcrowding

-You can attack someone who is off line with restrictions

-If you attack someone that is offline you will have to wait up to 3 hours for your opponent or one of his allies to respond to the distress call if no one respawns in that time a simplistic AI will take over your opponents troops (This is to prevent people from just offline holding territory)

-It will cost a decent amount of resources to set up a city (10k of each resource and 30 wealth)

-All battle restrictions removed in this area (an army of 1 unit can be attacked by an army of 60)

-All units can die here except for the hero if he is slain he will be teleported back to your first city

-If you attack a city and succeed that city is destroyed and will free up that area to place a city of your own (This is to keep a constant resource sink in the game to get Reverie more money, its also there to stop people from rapidly expanding)

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head I would much rather see PvP like this giving meaning to alliances. It will also allow the people that just want to stick to the PvE a nice fluffy safe zone where they can bounce off all the walls and not fear falling on a sharp pointy object. Please if you can I would like feedback on what you think of this idea.

Last edited by Chinchy2222 : 01-24-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Revision
Old 01-24-2012, 07:49 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Completly against it.

The Whole idea of Seperating PvP and PvE content is not agreeing with me
if you dont want to PvP just buy the PvP Protection
the largest Protection costs you about 5 small quests Wealth reward and lasts 48 hours
On top only runs during your actual Online Time

This is already not sitting right with me
I think this should be much more Expensive
Or should only Work for Home City
In any case it should be nerfed

I cant support any Idea that will further weaken the PvP part of this Game

Sorry
Greetz
Old 01-24-2012, 08:03 AM

Revised re-read Sunleader
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

knightl is on a good road to success

i Don't like the whole concept at all it makes the plans they have for the future and it makes the online mmo environment just feel too different your ideas are great but just too different for my tastes
Old 01-24-2012, 08:11 AM

WazDoF will become famous soon enough

I've discussed a little bit about that matter with Chinchy in the chat today and I'd propose some variations to its model since we both agree that overcrowding would still be a problem that could cause visibility problem on the world map :

This is the way I'm thinking about this :

You should have as Chinchy said " relatively safe zones" where PvP keeps the same way to work than right now (+/- 10% army value, random encounters, etc...) and with in NPC cities are the same as well. You can siege them but not take them. The players would have their city in them.
To sum things up, they would run excatly as the game now runs.

On the other hand, you would have "PvP zones" within which PvP is free (i.e. no army value thing) and most important of all, NPC towns can be taken. This would imply than only its owner/owner alliance's members would access to its services. Maybe adding 1-2 NPC towns slots which can be customized would be nice too. Rewarding the city's owner/alliance with wealth could be nice, even though it would be sad to reward them so much then can't be beaten by anyone else. This would request in siege system (allows several players to choose a target, make sieging impossible when already sieged, maybe timed attacks to make easier to defender to gather troups, etc...) that I don't know if it's easy to create, so here's just a suggestion.

Last edited by WazDoF : 01-24-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:55 AM
Human Sect:
Cavalier

Location: Somewhere between the Westcoast of the USA and the Eastcost of Japan
Sunleader has good reputation

Actually Reading this

Mate did you ever Play DoF ?

This is completly Different from the Actual Game System
And is pretty much Impossible to Realize

The Map is not Big enough to Support a System like that
and you dont have Multiple Citys to begin with since each City is an Complete Independent Player for itself

Your whole System would Require a whole different Gameplay mate.
And I actually like it pretty much as it is atm ^^
With the Exception that we need more Players of course ^^
Old 01-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Dreamwalker has good reputation

Yeah, it isn't really a bad idea, but it wouldn't work out. Like sun said, you only get 1 city anyway, and DOF can't really handle all those extra cities right now.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunleader View Post
Your whole System would Require a whole different Gameplay mate.
Do you really mean the game mechanics would have to be changed to make this work? So? This game is in the early stages and as it stands there is not enough to do to keep people enticed ask any newish player the PvP right now is mediocre at best I assume Reverie likes making money, the system they have going right now is ok but it feels tacked on and temporary, players that have played open PvP mmorts's(Most other mmorts's are open PvP btw) will not enjoy this game for long they will get bored.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Elven Sect:
Treant

andreicde has a default reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinchy2222 View Post
Do you really mean the game mechanics would have to be changed to make this work? So? This game is in the early stages and as it stands there is not enough to do to keep people enticed ask any newish player the PvP right now is mediocre at best I assume Reverie likes making money, the system they have going right now is ok but it feels tacked on and temporary, players that have played open PvP mmorts's(Most other mmorts's are open PvP btw) will not enjoy this game for long they will get bored.
um reverie is barely making money ,don't forget the Store doesn't have any big advantages. plus the pvp is going to change after they have guild castles .
Old 01-24-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreicde View Post
um reverie is barely making money ,don't forget the Store doesn't have any big advantages. plus the pvp is going to change after they have guild castles .
I know there not making money they make you pay entry and then have a cash shop tbh that's already broken if anything that needs to be looked at before they fix other problems my advice go FTP and have a cash shop.