Username:    Password:    Remember Me?         

Extreme Amount of Lag - Reverie World Studios Forums

Go Back   Reverie World Studios Forums > Dawn of Fantasy > Technical Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2012, 11:53 PM

Tomtensmage has a default reputation
Default Extreme Amount of Lag

Hi!

I'm using a AlienWare M17x with an i7 and i5 processor aswell as a 1.5 GB GDDRS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M and that's a incredibly good computer that handles Call of Duty, Star Wars: The Old Republic and games like that with out a single lagspike.
But when I play DoF it lags, literally, worse that anything I've seen before. Please do help me and explain why!

Cheers
Jack
Old 01-17-2012, 12:28 AM
Elven Sect:
Mounted Grand Master

Neinth is someone to look uptoNeinth is someone to look upto

Try disabling advanced logging m8 should help
Old 01-17-2012, 04:43 PM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Level Designer, Senior Gameplay Programmer, 3D Animator, 3D-2D Artist.

Joseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputationJoseph Visscher has extremely good reputation

Thats not right. Could you list more of your hardware specs as the ones you listed are a bit unclear you have a i5 and a i7?

Motherboard: ?
CPU: going to assume I5 2500k? Current CPU Freq ~ ghz
Video Card: 1.5 GB GDDRS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M
RAM: including what DDR and mhz rate, if you have 2 gbs 667 mhz ram thats your problem right there, and your cpu would be performing maybe 1-5% of what it can do.
Harddrive: ?
Harddrive data transfer rate: ?

What type of lag is this, just constant lagspikes, lagspikes every now and than that freeze the screen for quite a long time, or is it a constant drain in FPS which may mean something is wrong with the video card.

With what you said your specs should be able to run the game unless your RAM is really messed up, and or harddrive.
How are loading times, does loading your homeland take like 4-8 minutes? Then it would be your harddrive data transfer rate or have some very badly damage harddrive sectors with part of the game being on one of these damaged sectors.
For testing your Harddrive I suggest using DiskSpeed32: http://software.vgrin.host56.com/diskspeed32/
Do a complete test and if you notice maga bad drops in performance in various sectors than your hardrive may possibly be at fault and inneed of repairs or replacement.

Also what is your OS? are you on XP 32 bit?

Bugs aren't the problem, figuring out how to fix them is.

Last edited by Joseph Visscher : 01-17-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 03:42 PM

borres12 has a default reputation

I just bought Dawn of Fantasy today, I can run high quality games like SWTOR, or Modern Warfare 3, BF3 etc, yet when I got this game, I set ALL the graphics options to low or off, and it lags EVERYWHERE, in game, main menu, pause screen......I have Alienware M14x laptop, its Windows XP with dual core 2nd generation Intel Core Processor....I met both minimum and recommended requirements for this game to run so does anyone know what I can do to fix the lag?

I spent 30$ on this, and I would like to get the full use of this product, It really seems like a fun game, but I cant play it with all this lag.....help?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:13 AM
Reverie World Studios - Lead Gameplay Programmer

Jarno Montonen has a default reputation

borres12, currently the game uses your desktop resolution, so if you have that set very high it could be the reason. Try turning it down while playing DoF?

Also, there's a performance update on the way.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:29 AM

borres12 has a default reputation

What do you mean, Im not a computer expert so could you clarify? Do you mean the 32/64 bit thing? Or is it something else entirely, Ive tried running the compatibility mode thing, I set it to Windows 2000, because that was one of the preferred requirement specs, but it still lags so much in the game....